Christmas Decorations

Richjoxyz

I'll be boarding the Zuiderdam this Saturday. Are the ships nicely decorated for Christmas? To what extent are they decorated? Are there Christmas festivities or events on board this time of year? (I've never cruised during the holiday season.)

I'll be boarding the Zuiderdam this Saturday. Are the ships nicely decorated for Christmas? To what extent are they decorated? Are there Christmas festivities or events on board this time of year? (I've never cruised during the holiday season.)
Last year on a Dec 9-16 cruise the ship was well decorated but there were no special festivities or events. The atrium had a large tree and display, and there were lesser decorations all over the ship. I expect it will be the same for OUR cruise this Sat ... see you on-board. :):)

On the Dec. 2 Westerdam there were some large Christmas trees, wreaths, and other decorations already in place by the time we unpacked and walked around the ship on Sunday. Throughout the cruise we noticed more all the time - whether they were continuing to decorate or we just hadn't noticed some of them, I can't say.

There was a Jewish service held on the first night of Hanakkuh and another one Friday, I think (or maybe Sat.), with the traditional candelabra on one side of the Crow's Nest. I just happened to be there using a computer.

Archived