Just Booked: Pride of America 5/31 First NCL - Honeymoon

LegalCat

Hi everyone. We just booked our first NCL cruise as stated above... Pride of America for our honeymoon. We will be getting married in Honolulu on 5/30.

Can't wait to get involved here on the NCL Board. We have only ever sailed Carnival.

Hi there, congratulations when it comes!

I was on the Pride of America in June and it was my first cruise. Very nice ship! Lots of things to do and the shows were good (some people said that they didnt compare to other cruises they've been on, but I've nothing to compare them too). Staff are great, the cruise director ("the waffle guy!") does a great job. Not sure of he will still be there, but I think his name was Erin?!

resteruants are all great, especially the skyline and liberties (deck 5 and 6), and they are included in the price that is pre-paid. But there's lots of choice and you should try them all, things like the cadillac and aloha cafe are real handy and quick when theres places you need to be.

Also be aware of the $10 mandatory tip per day per guest, but there's a whole topic on this!

anyway enjoy!

Congrats, and have a wonderful time on the Pride of America. I had a blast on that ship in November 2006. I posted a review which you can read under member reviews if you are interested. Great ship, great crew, you guys are going to have a wonderful time.

Thanks everyone. Its gonna be great. The $10 is nothing new, every cruiseline Ive been on has that, pretty standard I think :)

I will definately will be visiting the port of call board... i still have a lot of reading and planning to do! Just made plane reservations yesterday and also the pre cruise hotel .... now just gotta work on on the ship and in the port activities :)

You are in for a great time!!! NCL does Hawaii excellent with their full port days and plenty of Hawaii!!! I recommend a car rental every day and go on your own. Head to your library and get Hawaii travel books, Revealed books are excellent, and so is Fodor's. So much of Hawaii is drive up natural beauty. The ship tours aren't anything special, but certainly are costly. :)

I went twice this year, on POAm and just off the POH.

I think we will be booking some tours through shore trips .com, we are doing a cruise honeymoon registry instead of a traditional registry, so we picked all the tours and upgrades we would like to do and put them on the registry so we will see what happens.

Normally we always do our own thing and dont usually book tours through the ship etc...

These are the companies we are looking at, the one that we are thinking of going with is the first one.

http://www.hawaiiweddings.net/

http://www.alohaforeverhawaiiweddings.com/

http://www.myhawaiiwedding.com/packages.htm

Im waiting to hear back from them regarding scheduling etc...

Its very inexpensive if you dont want extra stuff... however since we are going alone and wont have any one there to take pictures of the ceremony we are going to do a package that includes photos and also probably a limo so we are looking around $500 but you can do it a LOT cheaper... they have packages starting at $130 i think for just the ceremony, location and license processing and two leis...

We are using sweethawaiiwedding.com for our January wedding. The basic barefoot wedding, limo and custom bridal bouquet is around $800. We are going just the 2 of us too and am worried about witnesses. In Hawaii they are not needed, but I don't want to have any problems with my marriage license when I get back to Canada.

Thanks I will check that company out as well. I havent made a final decision yet. I know I need photographs because we are going alone and wont have some one to take pictures for us. Also I want a bouquet preferably a cascading one thats not white. And also I want a limo...

Archived