QM2 Cabin 8050

bobby1119

I was assigned 8050, one of the 8 deck partially obstructed cabins for an upcoming QM2 cruise.

From the deck plans I see that 8050 is obstructed by one of the smaller tenders. Does anyone have any experience with these cabins in terms of how much is obstructed?

Thanks.

I was assigned 8050, one of the 8 deck partially obstructed cabins for an upcoming QM2 cruise.

From the deck plans I see that 8050 is obstructed by one of the smaller tenders. Does anyone have any experience with these cabins in terms of how much is obstructed?

Thanks.

Hi Bobby. We are in 8021 on the QM2, also obstructed. Never been in such a cabin before, but I have searched through many photographs of the ship from various angles. As best as I can tell, if you are standing on your balcony you can see over the lifeboats. However, if you are sitting, you can't see beyond them.

Previously we had an in-hull balcony on the QM2. When sitting, eye level was below the railing of the steel hull. You could see out only when standing. Also the cabins didn't get much natural light. We are hoping that the obstructed view cabins will be an improvement over the in-hull cabins, at least in terms of allowing more light into the staterooms.

P.S. When is your voyage?

hi

we were in 8049 right opposite you, the view was great, we had a lifeboat to the right, (your left ) and a small emergncy craft to the left, we could through and across.

you also a lot more room in front of you as small craft was it seemed further away

there is a photo or two on my photo link at the bootom here

rob

Hi Bobby. We are in 8021 on the QM2, also obstructed. Never been in such a cabin before, but I have searched through many photographs of the ship from various angles. As best as I can tell, if you are standing on your balcony you can see over the lifeboats. However, if you are sitting, you can't see beyond them.

Previously we had an in-hull balcony on the QM2. When sitting, eye level was below the railing of the steel hull. You could see out only when standing. Also the cabins didn't get much natural light. We are hoping that the obstructed view cabins will be an improvement over the in-hull cabins, at least in terms of allowing more light into the staterooms.

P.S. When is your voyage?

Thanks for your reply. I have had hull balcony cabins on 5 deck on previous sailings. I find them to be dark. I am sailing the 4 nighter to the Bahamas. I got such a low fare from Cunard that was too good to turn down.

hi

we were in 8049 right opposite you, the view was great, we had a lifeboat to the right, (your left ) and a small emergncy craft to the left, we could through and across.

you also a lot more room in front of you as small craft was it seemed further away

there is a photo or two on my photo link at the bootom here

rob

Thanks for the info, Rob. I recall discussion at some point about these cabins having a less obstructed view than the others.

bobby

Archived