Do Carnival prices generally drop right before a cruise?

smashley

Our cruise is currently $200 more than what we paid for it which would make me believe it is a popular cruise at the moment. If it is not sold out is there a chance that the price will drop drastically to attract more customers? Just wondering if I have a chance at any OBC. ;)

Our cruise is currently $200 more than what we paid for it which would make me believe it is a popular cruise at the moment. If it is not sold out is there a chance that the price will drop drastically to attract more customers? Just wondering if I have a chance at any OBC. ;)

It depends on how many cabins remain open. As the price of your cruise has gone up there must be fair demand for the cabins.

I'd bet it stays where it is but it sure won't hurt to watch!!!

:D

When we booked out September cruise earlier this year, we got a good deal. I kept watching the prices raise it seemed almost weekly in the last month. It ended up going up 400 dollars from what we paid for it. And the ship was FULL. only 1 cabin was empty because they people had to cancel at the last minute due to a death in the family.

I am currently watching our recently booked cruise, and so far, we have a great deal. it is a very popular cruise, so it will most likely go way up from what we paid.

The main thing, is when are you sailing? If it is an off season type time, then you may get and OBC. but don't count on it.

since it is the week after new years, I doubt that it will go down.

we leave in about a month and our cruise dropped $50 a person this afternoon.

You really do need to keep checking. I usually check late at night, but today I checked around 5pm.

Carnival gave me obc. So $100 is almost the requested tips paid for. I'm happy :)

Archived