Hummm OLGA

PA Dutchman

Yeah... it's forecast to diminish in strength considerably once it encounters the mountains in the DR and Haiti...

I don't think it's going to be a major factor in very many folk's vacations...

Glancing at the Gulf Coast swell progs, the front that's coming through Texas this weekend will have FAR more impact than the Olga...

http://magicseaweed.com/Gulf-Coast-MSW-Surf-Charts/9/

And yesterday's thread on this storm (thread #2) was also moved to the Hurricane page (that I still can't find without going to one of the moved threads).

Is the Hurricane News page normally a "regular" board just like all the others that you can get to from the main forums listing?

A couple of our Roll Call folks are doing a B2B on the Miracle and are on their 2nd sea day today, heading to St Maarten. I wonder if they're going to have to divert, since it looks like she sails on the eastern side of PR, then heads south to St Maarten/St Lucia/St Kitts. Just wondering if they diverted between Cuba and Hispaniola. Is there any way to find out other than for someone on board to get online and post here?

And yesterday's thread on this storm (thread #2) was also moved to the Hurricane page (that I still can't find without going to one of the moved threads).

Is the Hurricane News page normally a "regular" board just like all the others that you can get to from the main forums listing?

A couple of our Roll Call folks are doing a B2B on the Miracle and are on their 2nd sea day today, heading to St Maarten. I wonder if they're going to have to divert, since it looks like she sails on the eastern side of PR, then heads south to St Maarten/St Lucia/St Kitts. Just wondering if they diverted between Cuba and Hispaniola. Is there any way to find out other than for someone on board to get online and post here?

Yeah... it 'normally' is a regular board... during Hurricane Season... The season ended Nov. 30...

Yeah... it's forecast to diminish in strength considerably once it encounters the mountains in the DR and Haiti...

I don't think it's going to be a major factor in very many folk's vacations...

Glancing at the Gulf Coast swell progs, the front that's coming through Texas this weekend will have FAR more impact than the Olga...

http://magicseaweed.com/Gulf-Coast-MSW-Surf-Charts/9/

How will this effect us leaving out of NOL next Thursday for Cozumel on a 4 nighter?

How will this effect us leaving out of NOL next Thursday for Cozumel on a 4 nighter?

Gee... that's a ways out but if you look at the charts, all those large swells are fairly well gone by Tuesday, a week from today. Barring any additional fronts dashing down behind this one I'd expect it would be pretty nice.

Now, we're talking about weather here. The most unpredictable thing in the world is weather... and my former girl friend... ;) Your best bet is to watch it as your cruise nears and then forget about it, get on your ship and have a great time!

Archived