Help with JFK Connection

markmid

I have booked cruise and air with Celebrity on the Millennium for a mediterranean cruise departing from Venice. My flight originates in Dallas. My problem is that the connection schedule in JFK appears too tight.

The Itinerary indicates we arrive in NYC JFK on Delta at 4:17 pm and depart on World Airways at 6:00 pm for Venice. As I understand the documents, we will have to claim our baggage at Delta, change terminals and then check our bags with World Air and then go through security again all in 1 hour and 43 minutes. This does not appear to be enough time to make this connection.

Has anyone had this type of connection? Can it be made reliably? I contacted Celebrity and they said they have had people make this OK and they are not willing to make any changes.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark

If the plane from Dallas is on time, if the construction at JFK does not interfere with the terminal shuttle busses, if security is not jammed, if, if, if. I think this is just too tight, expecially since you have to change terminals. I fly into JFK once a month and it can be a nightmare at times.

I would call Celebrity again and ask for an earlier plane from Dallas. World Airways is a charter, so they are probably funneling all their cruise passengers onto that plane. Or pay the deviation fee and have them book another flight. They will have to hold the plane for you, if the Delta flight is late. But if the plane lands on time, and Celebrity feels the connection is not too tight, you may find yourself staring at an empty jetway. AA has LOTS of flights from DFW to JFK. Seems like almost every half hour.

Do you know George and Laura???

In any event, there are major changes afoot at the moment for DL's operation at DFW (part of DL's efforts in attempting to avoid bankruptcy) so you may well find your DL flight being changed in any event. Keep an eye on the DL website and the DFW-JFK timetable to see what's happening.

• 1 month later...

As a follow up to my original question, I wanted to tell our experience for anyone's future reference. Our connections as Celebrity scheduled them worked out great with no problems. As it turned out, we had plenty of time in New York. Celebrity representatives met us and helped us transfer terminals with a charter bus. We had time to spare. In addition, because it was a Celebrity charter out of New York, they held the plane for about 1-1/2 hours waiting for another group that were on a late flight into New York. This did not significantly affect our arrival time to Venice. All in all, we were very happy with Celebrity's arrangements.

Archived