New Ensenada Port Stop Change ?'s

cvanhorn

Now that Celebrity (and probably other lines) have to stop longer, and presumably treat it as a regular port call, I wonder what, if any, things there are to do there? Just received the change to the Mercury's schedule for our Hawaii cruise next November that we will stop in Ensenada from 7pm-midnight instead of 1am-2am. I see Ensenada isn't even listed on the Ports of Call board.

What are your thoughts?

Cliff

Its all about proceedure. If they do let folks off the ship, Ensenada is a fun little town full of bars, restaurants and gift shops...Your basic Mexican border town.

I however don't think you'd clear customs and immigration in time to bar hop.

Who knows? it would be a nice change if they did:) .

Dave:eek:

For the typical daytime stop on the 3 or 4 nighters, I usually do the winery tour, then over to Papas & Beer for some fish and shrimp tacos, then a stroll through town shopping...

But the wineries are a bit of a drive out of town--in the Guadalupe Valley...and too, doubt they are open at night...

7:00 to midnight is NOT a lot of time...and I imagine most people won't want to pass up their dinners on the ship for the shrimp tacos--though they are VERY good...

So, the window to head into town will not be large...

I don't know if the tourist shops stay open late, but, with a ship in port from 7-midnight, they're likely to expand their hours to take advantage...

There are two bars in town I would recommend:

Hussong's Cantina--the traditional Mexican Cantina with Mariachis and Cerveza...very laid-back for the older crowd...

Papas & Beer--the rowdy, loud bar for the younger and more adventurous set (note, the restaurant is downstairs, the rowdy bar upstairs)...

These two are basically across the street from each other in the center of town...

Shop for Kahlua and Tequila, leather goods and fake designer goods including thiose fine fake Rolex watches!! Also arts and crafts and cheap jewelry...

Have fun...

Archived