where to find happy hour specials?

ebandive

I've read about happy hour/ Tuesday specials...but I cannot find them on the RCI website. Can someone tell me where to find them? Thanks for all your help, you all have been the best helping me!!! :D

Hi,

I am not an expert in doing my own bookings ( even that I did few of them directly with RCCL) ) nor am I a TA ........ but I will share with you what I know.

From what I know "Promowaves" are not the same as the so called "Tuesday specials " , "Sales event" or what some refer to as 'Happy Hour'.

The special sales done by RCCL on "Tuesday only" are usually for "new bookings only" and need to be done on that particular Tuesday either by the TA or the individual doing a direct with the cruise line booking. Can be done by internet or phone or going to a TA's office.

That booking can not be done at any other time to get the price that is in effect for that Tuesday sale ( or whatever name it is called on that day).

Promowave was in effect for longer period of time when I was doing my booking (about a two months ago) - perhaps that changed, ..... I do not know.

Also be aware that the offer either for the Tuesday only or the Promowave is only for selected sailings and selected cabins - something that did not sell well and the cruise line wants to 'get rid off' - better a full cabin / ship ( even when sold with large discount) than an empty one. RCCL is sailing ( recently) with about 106 % capacity most of the time.

Now, how did I find my last "Sales Event " ( that what it was called at that time - about two months ago) that was held on that particular Tuesday for my sailing ?

It was advertised by many internet cruise TAs few days before 'that' Tuesady ( TAs get a notice of those specials few days before that goes on sale).

Also some of the 'specials' are listed on RCCL web site under "DEALS & GIFTS" and "HOT DEALS".

Happy sailing,

Wes

wieslaw is mostly correct.

promowave is good for as long as it's posted and can be used even if you're already booked. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

There used to be a happy hour. That is no more. They now have a "sales event" that is only good for a short time and is for new bookings only.

Those are found under deals and gifts on the RCI website.

Thay also have hot deals which might or might not be included in the promowave.

Confusing? yep.

Be nice if they replaced all those "deals" with a once a "some time frame" of reduced rates for these cabin cats, on these ships on these dates. If you happpened to find it, you would get the rate reduction.

All that might not be exactly correct, but it's pretty close.

So .. what I found out about sales for new bookings is that if you call crown and anchor and asked to speak with a supervisor, they WILL giv eyou the sail price, even if its not a new booking. You just have to demand it. For our last cruise, we got the "new booking" only price 2 weeks before our cruise and after we had already paid in full. I was told by RCI that the discount wasnt avail to be, as it was for new bookings only. I asked to speak with a crown and anchor supervisor and was given the refund ... only $200! And I upgraded to a balcony room as well. You just have to be forceful about it :)

Archived