Hotels for Monarch of the Seas port

TigerLady

I am taking my 15 y/o son on a cruise for his birthday. I know the East Coast hotels but, haven't been back to California since I was 12. Can ANYONE suggest a good, clean, safe hotel for a mom and son duo?? Arriving 27July 08. Outta be fun for him since he's never been out west of Texas..:)

We stayed at the Hyatt in Long Beach. It's further from the port than hotels in San Pedro, but it's in a great area. Lots of things to do right around the hotel, within walking distance.

We booked it through HotWire or Priceline (I can't remember which one) and got a good deal.

I am taking my 15 y/o son on a cruise for his birthday. I know the East Coast hotels but, haven't been back to California since I was 12. Can ANYONE suggest a good, clean, safe hotel for a mom and son duo?? Arriving 27July 08. Outta be fun for him since he's never been out west of Texas..:)

Noticed your ticker says your cruise is on July 27th (or did you just put the date for the day before your cruise?:confused: ).

One thing to be aware is if you can a really low rate...be wary. The hotel could be a dump or in a really unsafe area.

Another thing is to note that you will be leaving from the World Cruise Center in San Pedro (that's the Port of LA). Be sure to tell your taxi driver that as there is also the Carnival berth in the Port of Long Beach.

I also enjoyed the Hyatt in Long Beach. There is much more to do in the surrounding area than in San Pedro. There is an aquarium just up the street and you can walk into town from there and there are many other areas to walk over to from the Queen Mary to a village across the way with various stores and restaurants. I think it would provide a nice place to enjoy so I highly recommend this area of Long Beach. From there it is about a 20 minute taxi cab drive over to the Cruise Ship Terminal in San Pedro.

Have a wonderful time and what a wonderful birthday present you are giving your son.

Keith

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza, San Pedro. A few blocks from the cruise terminal with free shuttle. The hotel is very nice w/pool, restaurant and really comfy beds. You can book online.

Cool. I didn't know there was a free shuttle. This is where we're staying.

OP, I bid a 3* on Priceline for the San Pedro area and got the CP for $65. That's for January though. I've heard good things, but haven't stayed there yet. We get in late the night before, so we'll basically just eat dinner then go to bed. As I understand there's NOTHING to do see or do in San Pedro. If we were getting in earlier I would probably stay in Long Beach as there is more stuff there.

The Doubletree hotel San Pedro is nice, about a mile away from the port and sits on the Cabrillo Marina.

We stayed at the Doubletree last year and really liked it. We arrived late and decided to have a drink at the bar before going to bed. The bar tender was one of the friendliest ever! The beds were also very comfortable.

Archived