Paying Denrus by credit card for St. Petersburg tour

petesweet

Has anyone used a credit card to pay Denrus for a customized tour? Since I am working with a group of 14, I really would rather handle it by credit card; however, I don't want any surprises when I get the bill.

I know Denrus will charge an additional 2 percent on their end. And my credit card company will charge 3 percent. I'm wondering if there will also be a charge because of currency exchange or is one or the other of these charges is for that reason. I don't want our group to disband and find out I'm stuck with a big price difference that I have to cover.

Anybody know the answer to this? (I did call my credit card company, but I didn't get a very clear answer.)

Don't know about the customized tours, but we have prepaid the Denrus Value Tour for next May 20th, to take advantage of 2007 prices. The tour was $265 per person and that is exactly what came through on our credit card, no currency exchanges, as it was advertised in U.S. dollars. It is a U. S. company.

Don't understand why Denrus would add on another 2 percent.

Be sure you get everything in an email confirming all costs for your group.

Denrus is a very reputable company; many don't like to prepay but for us it was no problem.

Let us know.

I used Denrus for a custom tour in 2006. The entire group paid by credit card for each couple individually. They set it up on their web site and you use their US gateway for payment, so its all in dollars. And you can tell them when to charge your card up to (I think) 2-3 weeks before you sail. It was very smooth and saved on the exchange rates and conversion charges.

If you wait to pay until you get to St. Petersburg, that is where you run into the conversion and surcharge issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived