Here Comes the Bride?

PittsburghJack

We had one--a real wedding-- on a Sea Goddess a few years ago! About 70 people on board--we were all invited--the Capt did a great job--reception in the club following--everyone had a ball including the bride and groom. If you do it, be sure you have someone assigned for picture taking! Don

Jack,

I just remembered...I did attend another renewal of vows. One couple chose the Club, the other had their renewal nuptials in the Constellation Lounge (the Pride) They invited the Staff Captain to officiate as they were good friends.

Oh, and Don had an excellent idea.....assign someone as your official photographer.

Best Wishes!:p

MB

I've seen ceremonies on other lines and thought Seabourn would accomodate my wishes. Do you feel it best to arrange this now or wait until we're on board? Jack

(We cruise the 3rd of May):)

I would suggest calling the Customer Relations Department after the First of the year. They can advise you and perhaps offer some suggestions.

It's a wonderful idea, and an alternative location if the weather is lovely is the forward area on Deck 5. (Santa Anna's favorite spot.) It's great for photos and accommodates several people.

You can also bring some wedding accoutrements if you check out 'orientaltrading.com'

What is your itinerary?

Jack,

As you will meet lovely shipmates you may want to wait until the 2nd week for your renewal ceremony ~~that is, if you would like to share this happy time with guests. You and Mrs Jack will make friends quickly, I know. Both renewal vows I attended, I had not known the couples before the sailing.

You should visit with the Hotel Manager as to the arrangements a day or so after boarding. I'm sure he will have excellent ideas for you. Also, the Purser will design and send out your invitations. They are sooo clever in designing "invites."

MB

Jack,

I'll ask as to the May 3rd, Captain, HotMan and Maitre'D when I'm aboard the Legend in Jan.

You and Mrs. Jack have many options in planning your vows ceremony ~~would you prefer "simple" with few guests~~perhaps a small festive party in the Observation Lounge, attractive (personal)invitations, a pianist at the baby grand, cocktails/canapes? A suggestion: if you do opt for a small party, why don't you order custom M&M's (silver for 25th) with your printed name and date? A couple of years ago I hosted an all-ship "Tickled Pink" gala on the Pride and passed the pink, printed M&M's on a silver tray ~~

these were a big hit! You can also visit with the Assn. Housekeeper as she's the ship florist ~~a sweet bouquet for Mrs. Jack and a boutonnaire for you. Sooo many options ~~

Your special 25th renewal would certainly be the high-light of your Legend cruise!

Happy weekend!

Martita B.

Jack,

There is no charge ~~you may want to give the waiter's a 'lit "love envelope" for their services.

Seabourn's most generous hospitality is just another reason for sailing on the Sister's!:p

I'll e-mail you the M&M "custom" website. Last year I ordered red & green M&M's with SEABOURN DEC 2006 and sent them to Miss Pam for their office party ~~someone ask her how Miss Martha managed the inscription......she answered, "well I bet she stamped every piece of candy herself!":confused: he he

MB

Archived