UK- Freedom of the Seas Documentry tonight

max44

Missed it!!! I keep seeing the post for our US cousins saying that the show is on the Travel Channel!!

I can't believe it, I'd better check if they're will be a re-run anytime soon!!

Edit - It's on again on Sat morning at 10am and on Sunday at 5pm and midnight.

Did anyone else watch this. Did you hear the part where the commentator says "In fact one cruiser enjoyed the lobster tail so much he ate thirty-six of them!" No that is not a mis-quote 36!!:eek: Greedy B@£%&*d! Is it any wonder that Rccl are maybe getting rid of lobster. If you are looking for someone to blame for cost cutting in the restaurant, hunt that guy down.

Did anyone else watch this. Did you hear the part where the commentator says "In fact one cruiser enjoyed the lobster tail so much he ate thirty-six of them!" No that is not a mis-quote 36!!:eek: Greedy B@£%&*d! Is it any wonder that Rccl are maybe getting rid of lobster. If you are looking for someone to blame for cost cutting in the restaurant, hunt that guy down.

Yes I heard that comment :eek: I wonder if they meant 36 in the week or on the one night :eek: :eek:

Nice programme,although it made me think of the ship's Cruise Review DVD rather than a documentary.

How Good was that!

I have seen the building of the Freedom of the Seas before, and I thought this was going to be the same, but it was great to see life onboard.

We are actually sailing Christmas week :D so it was really good to see this was filmed during New Years week. It gave us an idea of what people were wearing, and more importantly, what the weather was like.

I have to say my boyfriend was a bit worried when he saw how busy it was on the pool deck though........

I can't believe after seeing so many pics and reading so many reviews, how different it seemed on film.

Roll on the 23rd :D :D :D :D :D

I watched it as we are on Independence later in 2008 but I was a bit disappointed in the content. Like most of these documentaries it was really about a couple of members of staff rather than the whole ship. The passengers weren't featured at all, nor were the cabins shown. I was impressed by the 36 lobster tails, though! Who is going to be the first to beat this record?

I enjoyed watching it too. Seemed a very 'English' sort of documentry. You are right it wasn't about the passengers or the cabin or all the nice things, but it was fascinating to see the crew at work behind the scenes. that I95 corridor was fascinating. They all work so hard!

Notice they didn't stop at Grand Cayman due to bad weather. We are due to dock there very soon, hope this doesn't happen to us. I'll be on the Brilliance for Xmas and New Year and consider myself very lucky indeed....

Thanks again for making us aware this was on. I taped it to show my husband later today when he's home.

Glad you got to watch it :)

Surely someone could'nt eat 36 lobster tails in one sitting. Also did i hear the CS lady saying 2 people ordered room service consisting of 5 burgers and 2 pizzas and hardly eat any of it :( , seems theres an awfull lot of food wasted,

Hubby was pleased to see the bottles of Strongbow cider loaded on (do they still serve these?)

And that dinning hall looks very impressive - even if it did remind me a bit of titanic:eek:

I sky+ it so im sure i'll be watching it again an again:)

Its hard to believe that someone could scoff down 36 lobster tails in one seating, or indeed eat 5 burgers and 2 pizzas - thats just plain greedy!:)

Great documentary from behind the scenes!

English Rose: have a great time onboard the Brilliance!

We are going to be on the Explorer next week for Xmas and New Year, can't wait!

I watched it too... Did anyone else reckon that the ship they borrowed the alcohol off looked like a P&O instead of a RC Ship?? I might have to sky+ it tonight... Only got Sky+ yesterday afternoon, so that wasn't an option before!!

I loved seeing all the behind-scenes footage - and don't remember seeing the pool deck that crowded when I was on Freedom in October. They did mention that the ship was VERY full for that sailing though, so that might make a difference!!

Lizzi xx

Just caught this thread, and was naffed that I might have missed the programme. It is on again tonight at 8pm or 9 on Nat Geog +1. Will definitely watch. Telly is a bit rubbish tonight especially as there's no Top Gear, and we don't watch Cranford.

Thanks

Glad you got to watch it :)

Surely someone could'nt eat 36 lobster tails in one sitting. Also did i hear the CS lady saying 2 people ordered room service consisting of 5 burgers and 2 pizzas and hardly eat any of it :( , seems theres an awfull lot of food wasted,

Hubby was pleased to see the bottles of Strongbow cider loaded on (do they still serve these?)

And that dinning hall looks very impressive - even if it did remind me a bit of titanic:eek:

I sky+ it so im sure i'll be watching it again an again:)

OMG can't help myself being so excited but leaving th UK on 28th Dec for our cruise on 30th ssssooooo excited first time cruise fast forward to xmas at least

Sky + such a wonderful thing watched 3 times since :)

Archived