Live from Pearl -- No Kid's TV Channel

cruisewmn

I'm on the Pearl now for a 9 night cruise to the Southern Caribbean. It's our second time on the ship (cruised to Alaksa this summer) and can say the ship still looks great. The staff has been excellent (granted, it's only our first day).

The one complaint I have is that there is no Cartoon Network for kid's this week. They changed the channel it's normally on to ESPN International. When we called reception to find out why we couldn't find Cartoon Network, they told us they switched it because of the large amount of international guests on our cruise. While I sympathize with these guests, I can't believe that there is not a single dedicated TV channel for children on this cruise. There are a large amount of kids on board and I can't understand why families are being given the shaft.

Before anyone chimes in saying kids shouldn't be watching TV anyway, it's vacation and to each there own.

What's more frustrating is that there are a bunch of "ship information" channels that repeat endlessly. Wish they could switch over one of those channels!

I'm on the Pearl now for a 9 night cruise to the Southern Caribbean. It's our second time on the ship (cruised to Alaksa this summer) and can say the ship still looks great. The staff has been excellent (granted, it's only our first day).

The one complaint I have is that there is no Cartoon Network for kid's this week. They changed the channel it's normally on to ESPN International. When we called reception to find out why we couldn't find Cartoon Network, they told us they switched it because of the large amount of international guests on our cruise. While I sympathize with these guests, I can't believe that there is not a single dedicated TV channel for children on this cruise. There are a large amount of kids on board and I can't understand why families are being given the shaft.

Before anyone chimes in saying kids shouldn't be watching TV anyway, it's vacation and to each there own.

What's more frustrating is that there are a bunch of "ship information" channels that repeat endlessly. Wish they could switch over one of those channels!

DVD"s from the library.

Good Luck:)

I agree with the ship channels, we were on the Star and it was the same, drove us nuts. As for kids watching tV I agree with you on that as well, but I do understand the thinking of the management. I am sure there are many more international cruisers this week than kids. We have seen this on other ships: the more foreign passengers the less we get regular channels. Last year on HAL we got lots of scoccer, lots of basketball from Spain but no college football. It was a bummer. NIta

Archived