Silly but important question.....

woodmill100

Coming from the UK and hubby wants to bring his full kilt outfit. This is quite heavy so I am hoping to save on toiletries and either use what is provided or buy when we arrive. Is there a shop onboard that sells all these usual bits and pieces? I know if they do they'll probably be a bit more expensive but hey ho, hubby will through a purple fit if the kilt doesn't fit into the cases!

Hello,

Ye don't saye which port ye shall be leaving from, but I say more power to the Scot who wishes to look like Sean Connery on the ship. The point...depending upon the port you will be leaving from, you can purchase whatever it is that you need. For example, in San Diego it is a very interesting 20 minute or so walk from the ship to Horton Plaza where you can buy whatever you need. Check the port boards to see wherre the nearest shops are located. And...the Scots look very impressive in their kilts on formal nights. Hope that you have a wonderful cruise.

Fred

And bravo to your husband on his kilt-wear! On board one of our cruises, several men were gallantly dressed in similar attire and looked smashing.

Then they made their way to the karaoke night and proceeded to destroy Donna Summers' "Hot Stuff." They had a great time, I had the chance to talk with them and found them to be quite the characters, and they looked GREAT!

Archived