Norwegian Star

Kapin777

I’ve taken the Mexican Rivera cruise twice and going to be doing it again that first in January. Whenever I’ve done this itinerary the first two sea days have always been cold (and I’ve always taken it normally that last week in December or first week January). Of course by the time we get down to Mexico the weather is wonderful. Is it just the nature of that route at this time of year that you get cold weather on the way down, or can I hold out hope that this time my first two sea days will bring warm weather?

It's where you are and the time of year. We'll be on the Star in January as well, but I have a feeling we'll have a bit different opinion about how 'cold' it is... it's all relative, and for us coming from what could be -40 weather, I have a feeling it'll feel quite balmy! ha ha ha We're definitely expecting to need jackets the first day or two, don't get me wrong. Feel free to hold out hope, mind you... but take a sweater just in case! :)

i don t see except for a freak of nature or an acceleration of global

warming changing the weather..i expect to be as cold as your last

cruise..

you see..this will be also my 2nd cruise in jan to the MR :p ..i can t

wait to feel the warm ocean breeze the 3 nite out..

Take it from someone in Southern California. It was cold during the first two sea days of our trip on the Star three weeks ago, and it's cold here today.

While I realize this is all relative to our friends to the north and east of us, it got down into the 40's last night, and we froze our a@#$@ off!

Take it from someone in Southern California. It was cold during the first two sea days of our trip on the Star three weeks ago, and it's cold here today.

While I realize this is all relative to our friends to the north and east of us, it got down into the 40's last night, and we froze our a@#$@ off!

It's definitely relative! I would love a day in the 40s right now (that's Farenheit, of course). I'm looking forward to 'fall jacket' weather on our trip! Certainly I'm looking forward to the Mexican heat more, but anything is better than the day we had here yesterday... cold, fog, BRRRRRRR!! Looks like we're going to have a not bad week, though... temps are going to be in the 20s, and we might even get up to 28 on Wednesday!! (that's all F)

January and February tend to be our worst months for cold, too, so I'm looking forward to missing some bitterly cold weather and hearing about it when we get back. Not that I wish that on anyone, but I have to admit that shameful as it might be, I would LOVE to get back from sunny Mexico and hear I'd missed a -40 (-55 with the wind chill :eek: ) cold snap!

It's definitely relative! I would love a day in the 40s right now (that's Farenheit, of course). I'm looking forward to 'fall jacket' weather on our trip! Certainly I'm looking forward to the Mexican heat more, but anything is better than the day we had here yesterday... cold, fog, BRRRRRRR!! Looks like we're going to have a not bad week, though... temps are going to be in the 20s, and we might even get up to 28 on Wednesday!! (that's all F)

January and February tend to be our worst months for cold, too, so I'm looking forward to missing some bitterly cold weather and hearing about it when we get back. Not that I wish that on anyone, but I have to admit that shameful as it might be, I would LOVE to get back from sunny Mexico and hear I'd missed a -40 (-55 with the wind chill :eek: ) cold snap!

I have to agree... seeing as how I have spent the last two weekends sliding on ice due to the sleet and snow, I will be very happy with the temp in March

Archived