Trans-atlantic cruise

james j feller

Good morning,

If it is all possible i would like any one's opinion about taking a trans-atlantic cruise.

We were thinking about the months of APRIL or NOVEMBER, which one would be best and why?

We have been on a SEABOURN cruise before but never did a crossing.

Thank you

JIM

>"If it is all possible i would like any one's opinion about taking a trans-atlantic cruise."

Oh, it's possible, all right. This should bring out all the devotees and there are many. So, I shall add my minority opinion now, and then get out of the way.

It's no secret, that crossings are wonderful. I have found, having done 3 (1 southern E>W and 2 northern E>W) that 5 consecutive sea days are the max for me. Then, especially if I have done the leg before the crossing, I want to start swimming.

Is it idyllic? Absolutely.

In my opinion the Europe to US crossings are the best. 6 hours are gained and no jet lag when I return! The people on board make the crossings extra special, no matter which way you are going!

Host Dan

Jim, have you considered the new Seabourn Odyssey for a crossing? The ship leaves October 31st. I think that size ship would be very nice for a crossing.

I agree with Host Dan that it makes more sense to travel from Europe over to the United States as the six hours are gained as opposed to lost.

Keith

As much fun as many regulars on this forum have on a Seabourn TA I don't think it is for everyone. It is not like a large ship TA, with various ports stops as well as ample onboard activities. Seabourn TAs are largely social events (floating house parties), where trivia, cocktail parties and dining are the main activities. These are small ships, with not much room to move around on multiple sea days so make sure you understand the situation before you book. But Fall is best if you do it.

As much fun as many regulars on this forum have on a Seabourn TA I don't think it is for everyone. It is not like a large ship TA, with various ports stops as well as ample onboard activities. Seabourn TAs are largely social events (floating house parties), where trivia, cocktail parties and dining are the main activities. These are small ships, with not much room to move around on multiple sea days so make sure you understand the situation before you book. But Fall is best if you do it.

I agree with you that doing a TA on the triplets is not for everyone.

With that said, this is the reason I mentioned in my earlier post the new Seabourn Odyssey and its TA sailing on October 31, 2009 from Malaga, Spain to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I think this would be a nice one to try for a TA sailing since the new ship is lquite a bit arger than the existing triplets.

Keith

If you enjoy sea days the TA Seabourn yachts are magical! The Crossings are my favorite voyages ~~great seasoned Sailor's with many interesting events, special parties and "social surprises"! For the past 4 or 5 years the Pride and the Legend TA's have been "sell outs!" (they sell out quite early)However,the Transatlantic Crossings are not for every Sailor. King Neptune is not very reliable and the seas sometimes very rough ~~especially if your Suite is forward.

We would love for you to come join us ~~~:p

Happy Holidays!

Martita B.

Archived