My first cruise

atmywitsend

Hi Everyone!

I am anxiously awaiting my very first cruise. My travel agent suggested HAL and has booked me on the Veendam leaving May 9, 2008, from Vancouver. :)

This will be to Alaska.

I am getting a little nervous due to all the problems the ship seems to be having right now.:eek:

I am new to using message boards and any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I have read somewhere about "roll call" which will list other people on this site who have booked on the same ship.

Thank-you

Welcome.

Here is a link to your roll call, which will probably grow, with time:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=571885

I would not lose sleep about the current problems with the Veendam. All ships have issues from time to time and right now it seems to be the Veendam's time. Whatever the issues now, will be addressed well before your cruise. Instead, focus on the wonderful crew and service and Alaska.

Welcome to CC and to HAL.

As the others have said......don't fret reading about a problem here or there on any ship. They all get addressed and by the time you sail, you'll be reading about a problem elsewhere. :) It is VERY rare the issue is something very dramatic or will impact you in a meaningful way.

Veendam is a great ship and we've had some wonderful cruises on her.

Most people on a roll call do not previously know each other. That is most of the fun of the roll call......getting to know those with whom you will be sailing. Many folks form 'cyber friendships' and then meet when they are aboard and it's wonderful fun. Check in on your roll call and as the time gets closer, you probably will see more people join and start chatting.

Archived