Teeth whitening

momofteens

yep, offered and somewhat cheaper.

BUT - you will have quite a difficult time going back if you have a problem a week later. There are no dentists at sea. You might have a bad taste or experience. Really not sure why somebody would risk their long awaited and expensive vacation by having work done on their teeth. If you do a search, you will find some horror stories.

Why?

I had it done on the Jewel a year ago and would never do it again.

I had an allergic reaction to the chemicals they used. They make you sign a zillion documents saying they are not responsible etc etc if that type of thing happens. Price isn't everything

I had it done by a dentist last year. I was in AGONY for about 24 hours later from severe sensitivity to the bleach. Plus you can have no coffee, soda or colored foods or liquids for a day or two. I would never ever do this on a cruise! Don't take the chance....

My husband and I just got our teeth done on the Pearl last week. It was called GO smile and it takes about 20 minutes. It was 360$ for two of us. I am unable to use crest strips due to the sensitivity they cause. The only problem I had with the Go smile was a little spot of sensitivity on my gums. It lasted about two days. You can't eat or drink for half an hour after the treatment. After that it's fine. I thought we got great results and would do it again.

On the Spirit a few months ago:

$199.00 for the basic whitening

$160.00 for 6 small bottles to take home for maintenance or the process

doesn't last as long as you would hope.

I wish I had know before the treatment that they advised not consuming any red liquids or foods or any other thing that may stain your teeth. Otherwise I would have had the procedure done on the last day of the cruise instead of the second.

You should have no problem with a simple dental process on a cruise ship.

I had a massive brain tumor removed while on a cruise a few years ago and only missed out on one shore excursion.

It was a piece of cake.

Interesting! Did you get that done at a port stop in Mexico? Or maybe it was the Dominican Republic?

:D

Archived