Ft. Lauderdale Parking

GrammieMame

We will be driving from SC. What are our parking options and costs at the port? Does anyone know of a hotel that lets you leave your car "free"?

As of the last time I parked at Port Everglades in March it was $ 12.00 per day. As for hotels that offer it free I have heard of some if you stay for a number of nights but have not looked into that.

You may want to try contacting Park N' Fly near the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport as I believe they provide shuttle service to Port Everglades. When the airport was charging $12 per day to park, Park N' Fly's rate was $7.50 per day. The airport now charges $15 per day to park and I'm unsure as to what Park N' Fly's current rate is. Port Everglades parking is a drag as, depending on where your ship berths, it's usually necessary to take a shuttle from the parking garage to the pier. That's not such a bad endeavor upon arrival, but is a disaster at disembarkation when hundreds of folks are trying to cram themselves and their luggage onboard shuttles that seem to few and infrequent to handle the crowd. If you opt for Park N' Fly, I'd inquire about their pick-up shuttle service prior to committing.

You may want to try contacting Park N' Fly near the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport as I believe they provide shuttle service to Port Everglades. When the airport was charging $12 per day to park, Park N' Fly's rate was $7.50 per day. The airport now charges $15 per day to park and I'm unsure as to what Park N' Fly's current rate is. Port Everglades parking is a drag as, depending on where your ship berths, it's usually necessary to take a shuttle from the parking garage to the pier. That's not such a bad endeavor upon arrival, but is a disaster at disembarkation when hundreds of folks are trying to cram themselves and their luggage onboard shuttles that seem to few and infrequent to handle the crowd. If you opt for Park N' Fly, I'd inquire about their pick-up shuttle service prior to committing.

ParkNFly is now $12/day and if you have AAA its $9/day.

I also recommend Park N Fly, while we have never parked there for a cruise, we have always had great service when parking for a flight out of Fort Lauderdale Airport. They pick you up and drop off right at your car, and assist with luggage. If you book online it is usually a little cheaper too.

I've done the AmeriSuites thing before and the car was fine, but these days you never know, and they will be the first ones to tell you that they are not responsible. Parking at the Port is now $15 per day, OUCH! And on that subject, I hate parking at PE. Celebrity is usually at the terminal that is nowhere near a parking garage, so you have to take the dreaded shuttle. I'd rather walk home! That shuttle service needs work. My last cruise from there was a Princess and parked directly across from the ship. Not bad. This is why I prefer Miami over FL. At least you can park right by your ship.

Then there's the $15 per day, which is now $20 in Miami. OUCH again! Too bad I can't put that on my Sea Pass card...

I have never done this before, but at the suggestion of a CC person I booked parking through United airport parking. I am paying 92.10 for ten nights starting Feb 29th. They claim to have shuttle service to the pier and will pick us up at the pier upon returning. It is supposed to be covered valet parking. ( I hope they don't think I am going to leave my keys with them for ten days!) This is suppose to be very close to the pier and a lot easier and cheaper than parking at the terminal. We'll see!

We just returned from the Constellation (great by the way) and stayed

at the La Quinta Airport in Hollywood. The rate was under $ 100.00

incl. taxes and parking was free for 10 days. The only other expense

was $ 25.00 for a cab back to the motel. This was for 10 days parking

and we would do it gain next time.

We just returned from the Constellation (great by the way) and stayed

at the La Quinta Airport in Hollywood. The rate was under $ 100.00

incl. taxes and parking was free for 10 days. The only other expense

was $ 25.00 for a cab back to the motel. This was for 10 days parking

and we would do it gain next time.

Thanks for the tip. We live two hours from the pier and usually drive the same day, but if I was to do another 10-day, I think I would choose this route.

Park N Fly is a great place to park. We just returned from Ft. Lauderdale. Before heading there for our cruise I researched a lot of off site parking. Park N Fly isn't the cheapest parking alternative but is one of the best. Their facility is clean, well lighted and is relatively secure.

Their published rates right now are $12 per day for cruise ship parking and $7.50 per day for airport parking. Fortunately there are a number of coupons available for Park N Fly which reduce the daily rate to $9 per day which is what we paid. Our TA provided us with our coupon. The published rate for port parking is now $14 per day.

There are a number of other of site parking providers near the port, some with rates as low as $7 per day. However most of them simply park cars around a building or on the street in front of that same building. While their rates may be cheap the parking certainly isn't secure. I checked out a couple of the cut rate operators. Cars were parked so close together that they had to move the end car or cars in a row before the doors could be opened on vehicles in the middle of a row.

Hope this info is helpful. everyone have a great day.

On our recent Volendam cruise we flew in the night before and stayed at the Ramada Inn Airport/Cruise Port for $86. There were several people there who had driven in and were leaving their cars at the hotel and they said it was free. The Ramada has free shuttle service to the cruise port and return shuttle to the hotel can be arranged for $7 per person with the shuttle service. We used the same shuttle service to go from the port to the airport after our cruise for the same $7 per person. The shuttle was outside the terminal and we were in the air terminal in less than 30 minutes after we left the ship.

Archived