How many find those "body slimmers/shapers" really help??

kiraryker

I sometimes think they are for women that really dont need them. They seem to create the muffin effect on me but maybe I'm just not getting the right one??

I have a pretty dress for the cruise and I wish I could find one that actually helped instead of made me look lumpy everywhere else and make me feel faint - ha ha

I sometimes think they are for women that really dont need them. They seem to create the muffin effect on me but maybe I'm just not getting the right one??

I have a pretty dress for the cruise and I wish I could find one that actually helped instead of made me look lumpy everywhere else and make me feel faint - ha ha

You just have to find the right one for you... Spanx makes one that goes up to your bra and you can attach it right to your bra so that it doesnt roll down.. you can get one like that that has the long "bike shorts", or you can get it with a thong attached, or just a regular panty attached.. they can really make a difference under a dress... they arent the most attractive type of lingerie you can find, so when you get back to the room take it off fast.. LOL...

You just have to find the right one for you... Spanx makes one that goes up to your bra and you can attach it right to your bra so that it doesnt roll down.. you can get one like that that has the long "bike shorts", or you can get it with a thong attached, or just a regular panty attached.. they can really make a difference under a dress... they arent the most attractive type of lingerie you can find, so when you get back to the room take it off fast.. LOL...

Take it off FAST???:eek::eek: OMG that is funny - the last one I had - I should've been cut out of it! When I peeled it off I believe it took some skin so I do think maybe it did help with the "slimming" if my skin weighed a lot

I'll try one of those

I'm with you on this one. I've tried lots of different brands and all roll from the belly down and roll up from the thighs. I'm just convinced that everyone will just have to live with my bulges:rolleyes:

If they are "rolling" down on you, they are too small! The main thing they do is smooth you--if you have alot of extra around a section of your body, that "extra" will have to go somewhere! So, the garment will start rolling up or down, or you'll explode from the top or bottom!

They can be helpful if they fit, but the fit of the clothing you're wearing OVER the girdle garment (and that's what it is!!!) is what will make you look slimmer! You don't want anything that clings to the wrong spots, but you also don't want something that is too big--it will make you look even larger! Clothes should "skim" your body and the cut should flatter you!

If they are "rolling" down on you, they are too small! The main thing they do is smooth you--if you have alot of extra around a section of your body, that "extra" will have to go somewhere! So, the garment will start rolling up or down, or you'll explode from the top or bottom!

They can be helpful if they fit, but the fit of the clothing you're wearing OVER the girdle garment (and that's what it is!!!) is what will make you look slimmer! You don't want anything that clings to the wrong spots, but you also don't want something that is too big--it will make you look even larger! Clothes should "skim" your body and the cut should flatter you!

I bought an Assets shaper. Made by the Spanx designer, but sold at Target for a bit cheaper.

I've tried it a few times. I really don't see a difference. Maybe I should have got a size smaller? Or maybe it's because it's the 'cheaper' product? I don't know!

I was on the border and I went with the bigger size like the chart said to. I'll admit I was wondering why people said they were so uncomfortable and the garment didn't bother me at all! :)

I've got Assets and Spanx and Ganz and every other type of "shapewear" known to womankind. None of them perform any miracles, but they certainly do smooth things out and "tighten" me up a bit.

Do get the RIGHT size (don't fudge when you look at the size charts). If you get one that is too small it will only be uncomfortable. Jeez, I can't count the number of times when I have almost ripped the damned thing off the in a bathroom after a big meal. Ugh ... and all of those nice lines in my skin to go along with the feeling that I just lost my sausage casing!

I bought an Assets shaper. Made by the Spanx designer, but sold at Target for a bit cheaper.

I've tried it a few times. I really don't see a difference. Maybe I should have got a size smaller? Or maybe it's because it's the 'cheaper' product? I don't know!

I was on the border and I went with the bigger size like the chart said to. I'll admit I was wondering why people said they were so uncomfortable and the garment didn't bother me at all! :)

I have to agree with you. I had exactly the same experience with the Assets I bought. Couldn't figure out what all the grumbling was about, it was like wearing a pair of regular panty hose cut off at the thigh & pulled up to the bra, didn't do much for me at all. Maybe a size smaller or the real Spanx? I don't know. I have tried a type from WalMart that is more heavy duty but silkier, clothing sims over it, panty length that ends at bra. They really made a difference, were comfortable but you could feel them. Could not eat a huge meal & then be comfortable, but maybe that's a good thing. I did not know that Spanx came in a heavy duty model. I will have to look for them.:cool:

I just got a Power Panty by Spanx last week. Got it on Ebay for $26-they cost double in dept stores. It was awesome-no muffin look at all-it came up to my bra and had biker short type legs that went down mid thigh---It was like a miracle, smoothed everthing. It actually made me look a size or 2 smaller. The band around top and legs isnt tight so you dont get that rollover look. I did have a little problem with the top sliding down but not too bad(mine didnt have a way to attaching to bra) Anyway, I recommend it highly--Worked a miracle for me, I dont know how long they last though, they seem to be made of a thick pantyhose type material. It was the nude color and blended with skin perfectly anf wasnt uncomfortable like i expected.

I have to agree with you. I had exactly the same experience with the Assets I bought. Couldn't figure out what all the grumbling was about, it was like wearing a pair of regular panty hose cut off at the thigh & pulled up to the bra, didn't do much for me at all. Maybe a size smaller or the real Spanx? I don't know. I have tried a type from WalMart that is more heavy duty but silkier, clothing sims over it, panty length that ends at bra. They really made a difference, were comfortable but you could feel them. Could not eat a huge meal & then be comfortable, but maybe that's a good thing. I did not know that Spanx came in a heavy duty model. I will have to look for them.:cool:

Which brand did you buy at Wal Mart? I'm running out of time to buy anything online, which is the only way I could hook up with Spanx since I don't have a retailer nearby. Yeah, I probably should have been on top of this but it wasn't really a big priority at the time. Now I realize it probably should have been. Shame on me...

I've got a Walmart pair and a Target pair. I don;t feel like they take off a size, but they do smooth out the cottage cheese effect and hold down the jiggle .

Spanx is the way to go if you want to come down a size or two.. I have seen it sold in a few stores, Lane Bryant for one..

...talk about their experiences with this type of garment is how much 'extra' poundage they are dealing with. Is it 10, 20, 50 pounds? :confused:

I have a friend who moans about looking SO big after holidays etc. and she wears a size 10 and always looks great. If she puts on 4 pounds, she thinks she looks like the Goodyear Blimp. :rolleyes:

...talk about their experiences with this type of garment is how much 'extra' poundage they are dealing with. Is it 10, 20, 50 pounds? :confused:

I have a friend who moans about looking SO big after holidays etc. and she wears a size 10 and always looks great. If she puts on 4 pounds, she thinks she looks like the Goodyear Blimp. :rolleyes:

I would use one just to "smooth" out my look more - I have a dress that kinda clings and I would like it to look smoother.

Kodidog...good point. Just for reference I wear about a size 14 and i think with spanx i look around a 12. Not a HUGE difference in the size but it also smooths it all out.

Lora....I ordered mine on ebay and got it in about 4 days. They do sell them at lane bryant if you have one near you.

I ordered Spanx Higher Power from eBay. The shipper said they were sending it Priority Mail and that it should be here in 5 days max. Here's hoping it gets here before we leave. If not...ah well! ;)

Good luck!! Let us know how it worked out for you

I ordered Spanx Higher Power from eBay. The shipper said they were sending it Priority Mail and that it should be here in 5 days max. Here's hoping it gets here before we leave. If not...ah well! ;)

Great!.. anxious to hear if it makes a difference for you... you must be SO excited.. you are so close!!!!!:)

Let's hope they don't accidently ship an eyeliner instead! LOL!!! :D :D :D

I gotta say, I "feel" for you girls who live in the middle of nowhere. I can't imagine what it's like not to be able to by any brand, anytime, anywhere. :eek:

Archived