How many find those "body slimmers/shapers" really help??

kiraryker

Let's hope they don't accidently ship an eyeliner instead! LOL!!! :D :D

I gotta say, I "feel" for you girls who live in the middle of nowhere. I can't imagine what it's like not to be able to by any brand, anytime, anywhere. :eek:

LOL!!! :D The eyeliner, according to tracking, should be here tomorrow! ;)

Small town living has it's advantages but the lack of shopping isn't one of them for sure! Seriously, the "nicest" store in our town besides the bridal shop and the locally owned menswear shop to buy clothing even is Kohls or Fashion Bug. Everything else I have to get online or drive about 30-40 minutes to get to.

Yep, getting a tad excited! ;) 10 days until we fly away; we're heading to PR a day early.

LOL!!! :D The eyeliner, according to tracking, should be here tomorrow! ;)

Small town living has it's advantages but the lack of shopping isn't one of them for sure! Seriously, the "nicest" store in our town besides the bridal shop and the locally owned menswear shop to buy clothing even is Kohls or Fashion Bug. Everything else I have to get online or drive about 30-40 minutes to get to.

Yep, getting a tad excited! ;) 10 days until we fly away; we're heading to PR a day early.

I have just recently moved to a small (smaller than what i am used to) town and my online purchases have really gone up...

We are also going to PR a day early.. which hotel are you staying in?

I have just recently moved to a small (smaller than what i am used to) town and my online purchases have really gone up...

We are also going to PR a day early.. which hotel are you staying in?

Courtyard San Juan Miramar. A bit farther from the pier than we would have liked (15 min. ride supposedly) but that's OK. We couldn't get anywhere that would take a one night reservation. We got a pretty good deal and the hotel does get good reviews. It's only one night so as long as I have a bed I'm good to go! :)

Which brand did you buy at Wal Mart? I'm running out of time to buy anything online, which is the only way I could hook up with Spanx since I don't have a retailer nearby. Yeah, I probably should have been on top of this but it wasn't really a big priority at the time. Now I realize it probably should have been. Shame on me...

Anyone else having trouble posting tonight? I keep losing everything.

Brand from WalMart is "Cupids". Some WalMarts have a greater selection than others & I sometimes have trouble finding the nice soft ones with the long waiste to the bra line. But for the price they are pretty good.

Anyone else having trouble posting tonight? I keep losing everything.

Brand from WalMart is "Cupids". Some WalMarts have a greater selection than others & I sometimes have trouble finding the nice soft ones with the long waiste to the bra line. But for the price they are pretty good.

I have been having trouble too, it's not just you!

Thanks for the reply!

I saw an infomercial for one a few weeks ago that I was thinking about trying, but I lost the information about it. You can "suck in" about 2 dress sizes. Has anyone alse seen this, and if so, do you know the name of the product?

Is it the "Slim'nLift" by California Beauty? I ordered this after seeing it on an infomercial. It cost about $100.00 Canadian. I hate it. It is made for a person with a longer waist than mine. There are straps to go over your bra straps so the thing doesn't roll down & has thigh lenght legs. It really does suck in but there is only a slit in the crotch for bathroom use & it is pretty small. Therefore to use the bathroom you have to pretty much disrobe & wiggle out of this thing. Not easy to do in a cubical or if you have to go in a hurry. As I mentioned I am not a tall person & there is too much fabric in the body lenght for me & I end up with wrinkles which are very uncomfortable. It was the worst $100.00 I've ever spent. That being said, I could have returned it (you actually get 2 for that price) if I wasn't happy, but I did not try it on right away because I was going away & by the time I returned it was past the refund deadline. My fault, not the company.

I too live in the country, but luckily Tucson is just 50 minutes away. The Tucson area has 1 million people now. Sierra Vista (pop about 45K) is only about 35 minutes away, but they often don't have much selection either. But they both have a Dillards, Victoria's Secrets, Target and Walmart... none of which actually carry the Spanx brand, but Target carries Sarah's less expensive version. The brand that I have ended up with is Flexies.

I wore them with my Turqoise gown, first the thigh lengths , but then I switched to the ankle length because the dress has no slit and the thigh length made a line at knee. Then I bought my brown gown and it went back to the thigh length with it because it has a slit up the back. The darker color conceals the line a bit better. I also have the Victoria's Secrets and Target ones, but they both have seems on the tummy, which shows through on dresses, so I wear those with jeans, pants or heavier fabric skirts.

Quite often I wonder if I could just buy a size bigger if I wouldn't need all this "control", but often I can't buy a size bigger because then the dress is way to big in the chest and taking it in would be too obvious or impractical.

Sometimes I just love living out in the boonies, I mentioned to Jane here the other day, we had a herd of 40 Sonoran Prong Horn antelope in our yard the other day. This time if year I like to pretend they are actually Reindeer!!!

Online shopping is a wonderful thing, you can get almost anything!!

Richbum, I think you might mean the Kymora brand of shaper. I saw it on tv too, and it comes in two pieces, not one, which i think would be better and they send you 4 pieces for the "amazing" low price of 39.95!!! i think i saw a web address of UbuyEZ.com also on the infomercial. Maybe I will try it Hope that helps:)

Archived