If final deposit deadline is missed.

meidda

What happens when the final deposit deadline is missed?

My TA says that she got confirmation from the bank of the payment yet it has not been deducted from the account and there is no debits pending according to the bank representative. I have tried to explain this to the TA but she just says she got confirmation. Will they give my room away?

Thanks

Sometimes there is a delay of a few days. Usually the TA will get confirmation from the cruise line either by e mail or by a fax. So, just double check with your TA to make sure they have written confirmation.

I'm sure you are OK but to feel better just double check.

Keith

This happened to me two years ago. We were booked on the Norwegian Dawn from New York to the Caribbean. One night I woke up in cold sweat, realizing the deadline had passed two weeks earlier. I would blame the internet TA (which we dropped), but since I had changed emails it may have been my oversight.

Anyway, I presented the dilemma to the TA in a nonconfrontational way. NCL gave me two days to make the final payment and everything was fine. We even got the original cabin.

Clearly this was an extraordinary case. Had it been a more popular cruise I bet I would still be sulking about the $800 I lost.

After dodging the bullet, I have always made final payments several days before the deadline.

Archived