Looks like I'll be back on Carnival again!

YoJo19

I swore I would never go on Carnival again after a truly dreadful vacation on the Glory last December. The ship itself wasn't the problem. The staff and other passengers were overly rude. Not all were, but the vast majority were. I never thought there was such a thing as a bad vacation until last year.

I just got word that my cousin will be working on the Conquest in the theater department. I'm so excited to see her that I promised her that I would come visit her on ship for a cruise within the next 6 months or so. She sounds so excited to be working for the company, that she has me excited about going back to Carnival as well. Worse comes to worse, I will at least have one staff member on the ship who will not be rude to me. What does everyone know about the Conquest???? I cannot recall that ship at all, but I have been out of the Carnival loop for about a year or so. Anything anyone has to offer about it is extremely welcomed!

See if your cousin can hook you up with one of them Dancers :D

Fred

Haha. She used to be a stage director for a show in Vegas. I tried getting her to hook me up with one of the incredibly hot dancers there last year. But, he had a girlfriend. :(

We went in September and had such a great time we booked her again for October 08. What exactly do you want to know?

I'm mostly wondering what people liked and didn't like about the ship, and I guess I'm hoping everyone tells me that the Carnival staff is super nice on that ship! I know Carnival has no control over how thier passengers treat others, but they do have control over how their staff treats customers.

Well... I DID sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Yeah... someone screwed up and made me a host a while back...

;)

he he! That was fast. That's what you get for being so well loved. Four months and at the top of the game:D They must have slipped you in while I was cruising:D

Great ship although not an inexpensive cruise now. Lots of information on these boards. I've got five Conquest reviews on my blog if you want to go back that far. I'm sure you enjoy the crew, staff, and pax on the Conquest much more than your previous cruise. Enjoy!

he he! That was fast. That's what you get for being so well loved. Four months and at the top of the game:D They must have slipped you in while I was cruising:D

It's all you great folks around here that bring out the best in me.

All I did was answer an advertisement in one of the Cruise Critic emails... I'm thinking I was the only one to respond and got the position by default!!!

;)

I just read through Mach's review, and if my trip is 1/10 as good as his was I'll be a really happy camper! I really don't expect a whole lot. I'm not too hard to please. But, at least a nod or grunt of acknowledgement when I say hi to a staff member in the hall is nice. If the steward breaks something of mine while cleaning my room, at least an "I'm sorry" would be nice. Not a "Well, you shouldn't have left it in your room". :confused:

I think this time around might turn out to be a fantastic vacation. I can't wait!

Sorry you had a bad trip on the Glory, must have been a bad week for the ship. Out of 8 cruises the crew ranked up there with the best for me.

Glad you are giving Carnival another shot, since they were not at their best the last time, I do think that maybe having a more than a normal number of rude passengers can affect the crew

MAC

I'm mostly wondering what people liked and didn't like about the ship, and I guess I'm hoping everyone tells me that the Carnival staff is super nice on that ship! I know Carnival has no control over how thier passengers treat others, but they do have control over how their staff treats customers.

I'd like to know as well!! I'm sailing on her in February!! :D

This was our first cruise and we felt that the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. It took us a day or two to figure the ship's layout but after that no problems. There really was not a down side to our cruise. The food we thought was great, enjoyed the shows and overall had a great time....so much so we booked the Conquest again. The only complaint I had was 7 days was too short!:mad:

I just read through Mach's review, and if my trip is 1/10 as good as his was I'll be a really happy camper! I really don't expect a whole lot. I'm not too hard to please. But, at least a nod or grunt of acknowledgementwhen I say hi to a staff member in the hall is nice. If the steward breaks something of mine while cleaning my room, at least an "I'm sorry" would be nice. Not a "Well, you shouldn't have left it in your room". :confused:

I think this time around might turn out to be a fantastic vacation. I can't wait!

Ya' know, it's amazing what a simple smile can elicit from the crew. They, especially the housekeeping staff, have a terribly tough job and a little nod of appreciation goes a long way.

There wasn't a single crew member that was disagreeable. The passengers, on the other hand, could be a bit much.

I'm sure you'll have as wonderful time. The Conquest was born with a bit of magic built in her hull. She's a fantastic vessel with a fabulous crew.

Is that a paid position? or A pain in the a$$ position? lol :D

Neither... it's actually a bit difficult, time consuming and rather rewarding...

Considering that most of the hosts have been in their positions for ages I'm guessing that it's more rewarding than anything else. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Thanks for asking.

Only downside to the Conquest is her layout. If you dine in the aft dining room you need to remember that decks 3 and 4 (where the dining rooms are) do NOT extend forward of the dining rooms. Use deck 5 to travel forward and aft, then go down to dine. I had read about this on the boards, but forgot my first night out. We were late to dinner after finding several dead ends.

Loved the helmet diving in MO Bay, stingrays in Grand Caymen. Tulumn was a long, hot trip & walk. Interesting, but more than my parents (70s) wanted. Marguarittaville in GC was better than in Mo Bay.

Tulumn tour means no time for anything else in Cozomel, at least when tendering (as we were).

I'm ready to take another Conquest trip.

Archived