New York car service

CruiseFarmer

This has probibly been answered before, but help me. Can anyone recomend a car service to pick up my wife and I at JFK at aprox 7am on Jan 13 and drive us around a little and make a stop or two before drop off at Red Hook to board QM2 early afternoon.

we will probebly use them to get from qm2 to LG in new york next october, we will pre book from the uk, how far in advance would you suggest we book bearng in mind this is the west bound transatlantic in tandem with the qe2

Arecibo doesn't like advanced booking for the normal airport trip. You call them they come in 15 minutes, For a half day like the original poster wants that they will book. No website. If you have to pre book and use a website Arecibo isn't for you try Carmel-which I never use- or one of the Brooklyn Heights car services with prebooking and a website(promenade, Height Hills car services etc)...

I recently used Nelsons Limousine. Nelson drives a white Lincoln town car & operates in the New York City area from New Jersey. We had a 4 hour tour then he dropped us off at the airport, price was around $45 per hour with 4 hour mininum. Found Nelson to be better than the last 3 we have had in NYC. His cell # is 973 964 3559. Good luck.

Thanks for the advise. I called Arecibo and did not care for his attitude, or lack of English language skills. Will call a few others and make a reservation.

LOL.LOL.

your calling a limo company in NYC and you dont like the attitude or lack of english.

That is NYC, thats what you get, I always email lincoln, that way you dont hear the attitude.

rob

LOL.LOL.

your calling a limo company in NYC and you dont like the attitude or lack of english.

That is NYC, thats what you get, I always email lincoln, that way you dont hear the attitude.

rob

Have to agree with you, Rob. That was pretty funny!

Better to stay that way LOL.

NYC is a lot better than it used to be, but thats the way they work, I have often been spoken to like that, but you have to stop and think, thats there way, really they are all OK .

I hope you choose a good car company, Im sure they are all good if reccomended here, lincoln limos have never let us down, but you might think they will hold up a bank on the way from the airport LOL

rob

Better to stay that way LOL.

NYC is a lot better than it used to be, but thats the way they work, I have often been spoken to like that, but you have to stop and think, thats there way, really they are all OK .

I hope you choose a good car company, Im sure they are all good if reccomended here, lincoln limos have never let us down, but you might think they will hold up a bank on the way from the airport LOL

rob

What Rob meant was that our last limo driver got us from Kennedy to The NY Hilton in record time!:D

LOL.LOL.

rob

Thanks you said this much nicer than I would have,. I guess its my accent and the fact that I was born here. They probably don't speak west coast...

Maybe the dispatcher is part of the group who mooned the QM2 the first time it came to Brooklyn....

Accented English comes when you are in a city that is a starting off point for immigrants who come to America for a better life. There are entrepreneurs from every point on the globe in New York, no doubt! It is one of the charms of the city. It is a polyglot, for certain. accents are to be expected.

Attitude, I think, is a defense people have learned to enure themselves against whatever "slings and arrows" may come people's way. As many have posted on this board, although NYC has a reputation for being "tough" and unfriendly, many have posted how very helpful everyone they ran into was in New York. I, too, have grown up with the "myth" of the unfriendly (and dangerous) New Yorker, but have never experienced that myself. I have driven there (unfamiliar) taken the train, taken a taxi, walked around town, been on the subway. taken a small (limo type) bus, taken a chauffered limo (THAT was fun!) and various other encounters. I am NOT a frequent visitor. And yet, I can't think that I have ever been mistreated, sopoken to gruffly, or otherwise had problem in New York, even when I got lost in a not so great section of town.

KP

Well I'm just a country boy and not used to dealing with big city folk. Does CLS have a websight?

The website is www.empireint.com . We use the service when family and friends are visiting inthe city and found them to be wonderful. The cars are brand new models with wonderful drivers. They are abit more than a regular car service but you are assured the best.

these are the main car services we use:

http://www.carmellimo.com/

http://www.telavivlimo.com/

http://www.utog.com/main-sa.html

They are all about the same. You will get attitude. You will be charged for extra stops and if you are not ready when they come to pick you up. Other than that, the price should remain firm. Oh, and you will pay additional for any tolls incurred (tunnels, bridges). They will also expect a decent tip. It definitely is not cheap.

Archived