Star cancelling Acapulco this week?

Perpetua

Has anyone heard anything?

I read this at the Mexican Riveria Forum:

"Originally Posted by basiatasia

i'm sooo excited 9 days left till we cruise, thanks to Roberto (Aca Port Dude) we have a good idea of what to do in Acapulco

you can ask him any question and he will get back to you very quickly!!

my girls can't wait to meet you and they have something for you so we will try to get you in port on Friday 12/21

i will post a review when we get back

Barbara

I wish I could have met you, just received notice that the Star will cancel her call to Acapulco, enjoy the other ports. "

I have just read further on the Mex Riv board that Aca Dude says the Star is cancelling due to engine trouble, and that it is only expected to affect this sailing. Strange coincidence though, b/c a few weeks before we sailed the Star on the same intinerary the same thing happened! We thought Acapulco was going to get cancelled and at the last minute, everything went as planned. Now I am booked on the Spirit leaving in 2 weeks, and now we have word posted on here of a port being cancelled on the Spirit cruise due to engine trouble. I am starting to think I brought bad luck to NCL when I switched from Carnival. ;)

Could it be that they are afraid of the violence that I've heard is going on down there, including American kidnappings for ransom? Alcapulco has been mentioned more than once. I must admit that I will not go to Mexico until they do something about their drug problem. You know, I just met someone who was on an excursion and met a woman from California; she had met and married a Mexican man. Her story was that she was unable to work there, and was in the process of having to come back to the States for awhile, just so she could go back to be with her husband. They don't seem to have the same standards they expect us to have here. Or, so it would seem.

I really am afraid to travel in Mexico anymore!:(

Could it be that they are afraid of the violence that I've heard is going on down there, including American kidnappings for ransom? Alcapulco has been mentioned more than once. I must admit that I will not go to Mexico until they do something about their drug problem. You know, I just met someone who was on an excursion and met a woman from California; she had met and married a Mexican man. Her story was that she was unable to work there, and was in the process of having to come back to the States for awhile, just so she could go back to be with her husband. They don't seem to have the same standards they expect us to have here. Or, so it would seem.

I really am afraid to travel in Mexico anymore!:(

I'm not sure what an American's inability to work in Mexico has to do with stopping there on a cruise... My cousin just moved back to Canada from the US, though, and his wife was unable to work the entire time they were there... so not everyone who lives legally in the US gets to work there either... :)

2 Yrs ago on my honeymoon we found out a few weeks prior to leaving that two of the ports were replaced for "engine" trouble. Seems like this occurs a lot.

it must have been a pretty serious problem to have to give you 2 week s notice..unless they were making the repairs at sea :confused:

i ve just got this feeling they re making a statement to the port of Alcapolco that NCL can cut them off at any time..which is pretty much

the case when NCL eventually switchs over to it 7day MR itineary..

additonally, Alcapolco..except for their cliff diver s have not been getting many

raving review s..

...and I heard that they canceled Acapulco, and offered $100 in credit. I also heard that they might have canceled Cabo also. I was on Carnival Spirit, which was docked adjacent to Norwegian Star.

Richard

Archived