Gem Bedding Question

defreeze

By upgraded, I mean the new amenities announced as Freestyle 2.0

I believe (but do not know for sure) that the answer is YES. NCL did not plan Freestyle 2.0 in one or two days. The planning has been going on for months -- and since the GEM is a brand new ship, it only makes sense it would be among the first to get most of the new amenities, if not all.

DW tells me, however, that she will have to ask the cabin attendant for a different pillow (if they have upgraded to feather ones), since she is allergic to them.

By upgraded, I mean the new amenities announced as Freestyle 2.0

Much of 2.0 is already in place on the Gem. I don't know if the bedding was "upgraded" -- it's a new ship! -- but it certainly was nice! Cushiony-soft duvets, two pillows per bed in my little OCVW! It was hard to resist a little afternoon catnap.;)

Does anyone know if the Gem has upgraded bedding?

We just got off the Gem & can attest that the bedding in the inside cabins is OUTSTANDING!!!

By way of comparison, we've been on the Spirit 3 times in the past 3 years. Prior posters have complained about the bedding & beds on the Spririt, with some justification, IMHO; those beds were originally meant for an Asian clientele not a Western one. If the beds on the Gem are a 10 then the beds on the Spirit are a 7.5.

Hope this helps.

Tom

It all sounds comfortable but someone before brought up a great point I hadn't though of - Does the Gem have feather pillows? If so, I'd be sneezing the whole cruise unless I switched them out. I'm assuming that wouldn't be hard to do?

It all sounds comfortable but someone before brought up a great point I hadn't though of - Does the Gem have feather pillows? If so, I'd be sneezing the whole cruise unless I switched them out. I'm assuming that wouldn't be hard to do?

LOL I bring my own- I carry my own feather pillow where ever I go on planes everywhere. The pillow has its own frequent flyer number.. Most rooms have non feather pillows. Normally at any upscale hotel if you want feather you ask for them(some actually have a pillow concierge)....

We were just on the Gem 12/15-12/17 and no feather pillows were in our stateroom. The bedding was nice, white crisp duvet, and comfy bed.

Thanks - feather pillows are oh so comfortable but not good for my allergies. I've never had a problem in US hotels asking for something without feathers - but once in Madrid they only had feather pillows. I thought, how bad could it be? Well, let me tell you - it was bad! Never again :) Reading all about the Gem - I just can't wait until next July!

Archived