GMONEY - need your alaskan advice please..

mitaxi

Patrick- need some advice - I keep searching for a good deal on a return trip to Alaska...that said, and having never sailed on Celebrity, I did find a good single supplement rate on the 11 day itinerary for May 19th -- it would be an inside...but have done that, been there for the balcony in alaska - and would rather spend it on excursions...

I am comparying this with some of the RCCL longer Alaska cruises (as it seems not be cost much more for a 11 to 13 day than a 7 day....and also comparing the Millennium to Radiance class

SO your thoughts please,....:D

Hi Michele - Hope you are doing well. Below are some thoughts, and then I'm sure others with more expertise will have good comments as well.

> I haven't sailed the Millie, but I have sailed 2 of her sisters (Infinity and Summit) and loved them. The ships themselves are excellent; lots of features and amenities, well-designed, classy, big but not too big. Very similar to Radiance class, just not quite as much glass. I love the Aqua Spa and solarium area on these ships. Food and service are generally a slight step up from RCI.

> X will recognize your Diamond status, which will make you Elite. No where near as many perks as RCI (for example, X has no Concierge lounge), but the status is still nice.

> People will point out the pod problems that some X ships have had in AK, which has led to changed itineraries and missed ports. I don't know all of the facts. I'm sure you can search old posts if you want to know more. I'd roll the dice, but that's me.

> I like the itinerary. It's very similar to RCI's 14 day Ultimate AK. No Sitka or ISP, but you get the big 3 stops. Short time in Ketchikan though, as you can see. I like that you cruise the Inside Passage and get that scenery.

> I like the price, especially for a single, even with the fuel surcharge.

> Not sure about cruising to AK in May. I'm sure you'll see more snow, but more than that I don't know.

Bottom line, I'd go! :)

Thanks Patrick.....I think for the price, and a return trip to Alaska...even in May - :D

Ketchikan was not my favorite port anyway....still get full days in the other two and two days in the inside passage

Was just second guessing the ship I guess...

the downside is still better ;)

Thanks again - Happy Holidays to you

Michele

Don't second guess the ship. I think you'll find her to be very nice and as close to Radiance class as you can get.

I know some will really be against her due to the past pod problems. I think that was mostly in 2006 though - not sure. You may want to get more opinions. She what the X folks say over on their board.

Did some searching - didn't realize that Millennium hasn't gone to Alaska before (right?) so...not sure, but quiet a difference for me between this and the 14 day Serenade..but I like the long itinerary of either....

Archived