New York.

Serendipity50

Hi,

Me and DH, DS1 AND DGD1 have a long wait for our next cruise and Florida trip in Jan 2009, but this is what DH and I have just come back from, to all you lovely people that live in NY you are so LUCKY, it is so a fabulous place to visit, thought you might like to see some photo's. http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/7295974

Jean

Hi,

Me and DH, DS1 AND DGD1 have a long wait for our next cruise and Florida trip in Jan 2009, but this is what DH and I have just come back from, to all you lovely people that live in NY you are so LUCKY, it is so a fabulous place to visit, thought you might like to see some photo's. http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/7295974

Jean

Well thank you. :) It is a lovely city to a visitor. I'm a born and bred NYer and I guess to me it's just "home". :p

Glad you enjoy my wonderful city so much. :D

Loved your pictures, thanks for linking to them so we could share your visit! We'll be there this weekend, we decided to ditch the whole family thing and go up to see my son. He's going to show us around and I hope we see some of the sites in your pics. :)

Ms B

Hi,

Jean

Thanks for posting your wonderful city pictures, brings back tons of memories.:)

Fred

I loved the pictures. I have never been to NY. With all those skyscrapers, do they even see the sun? I would everything would always be in the shade. I want to go, but everyone tells me it is dangerous and very expensive. Maybe someday.:)

I loved the pictures. I have never been to NY. With all those skyscrapers, do they even see the sun? I would everything would always be in the shade. I want to go, but everyone tells me it is dangerous and very expensive. Maybe someday.:)

I never felt uneasy once!! its probably a lot safer than most places I have been too, you should try and go our trip was a present for my 51st Birthday and 33rd wedding anniversary combined.

Jean

Who told you it is dangerous? It is one of the safest large cities in the world - you've been misinformed.

Expensive, yes, but if you come at the right time you can save money and we'd be happy to help you with suggestions when you are ready.

I too am very glad you liked my city. Many people are misinformed and think New York is unsafe and full of rude people. It is very safe and full of nice people. :D

As for expensive, yes it is. Since you (the OP) are from England, it probably wasn't too bad for you.

Come back any time.

You have not been to central Phoenix (24 St to 59st Ave, Bethany Home to Buckeye) recently. Gang Banger/Illegal City bar none.

Makes most parts of NYC look like Kingman. Tell the people in Kingman they know NOTHING about NYC-the dangerous reputation was from the 70/80's. The times have changed considerably.

Who told you it is dangerous? It is one of the safest large cities in the world - you've been misinformed.

Expensive, yes, but if you come at the right time you can save money and we'd be happy to help you with suggestions when you are ready.

I LOVE NYC...and I was there only once as a young girl..and Im finally going back in July!!! I cant wait! I want to stay within walking distance of Times Square area...do you have any names of good hotels that wont cost me a forture! I dont want to hang out there,just sleep :) Thanks for any help! Dot

I'm a native NYer and I just read an article on Channel 2 (CBS) website that said crime dropped significantly in 2007. NYC is not the high crime city that people think. There are plenty of worse cities out there.

Come visit and have fun. :D

My son and his friend will be leaving for NY on Sunday:eek: ...I can't believe "my Baby" will be in the big city(he's 21 :p ) I'm very excited for him and believe it will be a great experience for them. We are travelers so he's good at that, they are staying at the pod and everyone was soooo helpful with info on the Pod Hotel and the Islip airport thread I started.....so if anyone has any suggestions, ideas about places, food, etc...anything you might think would be helpful please, please feel free to let us know. They will be there from Dec 30-Jan 7th...

Thanks!

Actually, the crime rate in your hometown of Kingman Arizona is higher than the crime rate of New York City

http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Kingman&state=AZ

http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=New+York&state=NY

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I went to New York for the first time when I ws 27 and decided I had to live there. I finally did for 3 years and still visit as often as I can. Home may be North Carolina, but a piece of my heart will always be in Manhattan.

Archived