Carribean Princess Aft Balcony or Mini Suite on Emerald Deck

sfilbert

I have booked a B2B on Carribean Princess with an aft balcony on Baja Deck. There are still a couple of mini-suites available on the Emerald Deck. Was wondering if anyone has suggestion since the price is not much of a difference. Bigger room vs. AFT??? Anyone stayed in both cabins which do you prefer?

I guess it depends on where the cabin on the aft is located.

We had C752. do a google search on Caribbean PRincess cabin #C752 and there are quite a few hits to see the cabin.

I liked this cabin because it was bigger- i only had one neighbor.

I had the hall way area to myself--no one else was down there.

The room is smaller then what we are used to- it has no sofa and only a chair at the desk.

WIll you spend more time in the cabin or on the balcony?

Im sure a B2B is different then sailing a one week cruise.

I guess it depends on where the cabin on the aft is located.

We had C752. do a google search on Caribbean PRincess cabin #C752 and there are quite a few hits to see the cabin.

I liked this cabin because it was bigger- i only had one neighbor.

I had the hall way area to myself--no one else was down there.

The room is smaller then what we are used to- it has no sofa and only a chair at the desk.

WIll you spend more time in the cabin or on the balcony?

Im sure a B2B is different then sailing a one week cruise.

Is there a BEAM that runs through that cabin on ther Balcony?

TIA

I was told no beam but for two weeks I was thinking this may be too small for the two of us. I like the aft but after being sick on a cruise last year my husband and I found that having a divided room helped both of us get through a few really bad... days. Just don't know if I want to give up the aft balcony.

• 1 month later...

We had B749aft on CB the week before xmas 07 and would kill to have it again, but alas someone else will be doing that! Instead we are having, only by chance, E 730 extended balcony mini suite, port side aft on the Emerald. Yes I agree with all who have commented, its a matter of size inside OR out that matters to you most! The true stern view is breath taking to me and I lived there the whole cruise, but my DH suffered for not having a sofa to recline on or a tub to soak in. This years 10 days, he gets the perks! Still that extended balcony looks good in the pics. What's to complain about? Just decide and do it before they both are gone! That almost happened to us, and once you've experienced a hugh balcony with only one neighbor, you can never go back! It WAS Heaven at Sea! Enjoy! Diane;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had an aft balcony on Emerald and it was awesome. I believe it had 2 lounge chairs and a large round table with 4 chairs. It was a great value for the size of the balcony, compared to the Jr.Suite rate. However, I have to say that one of my neighbors invited me in to see his room, and I loved the extra space he had, including the bathtub. He on the other hand, saw my deck and said he wished his was half the size of mine.

I guess it is all in what you are looking for, more space in the room or more space to hang out on the deck.

I will also add, that the aft balcony is very private.

When we were in this room there were 3 of us and never had an issue for space. Good Luck with your decision. You can't go wrong. I have sailed this ship twice and loved it both times. Happy Sailing.

Archived