Can NCL credit card credits be used for onboard credit?

petesweet

I read up on the credit card on NCL's website, and it seems the credits can be used for future cruise discounts and stateroom upgrades. The reason I like the RCCL card is because I can use it in $50 increments for onboard credit. I agree the NCL card gives you great benefits, but perhaps using those benefits is more limited??

And the fact that those points expire is a bit of a problem for me. Am I correct that they do expire?

I read up on the credit card on NCL's website, and it seems the credits can be used for future cruise discounts and stateroom upgrades. The reason I like the RCCL card is because I can use it in $50 increments for onboard credit. I agree the NCL card gives you great benefits, but perhaps using those benefits is more limited??

And the fact that those points expire is a bit of a problem for me. Am I correct that they do expire?

Check with the CC company.

All Logo CCs including NCL, RCL, Carnival, etc. are run by the banks and they pay the cruise line for the privilege of using the logo. They also pay the cruise line for the points that you are awarded. The cruise line really has very little to do with these cards. They do have an interest in them, at least in theory, because they are designed to garner loyalty. As with an CC before you acquire it make sure that the terms are acceptable without the "benefits" because the "benefits" can be changed at any time for any reason.

almost all points expire. You can't use the NCL ones for on board credit only cruise fare and cruise air I believe....

You need how many points to get $50 on board credit? ....yes you need at least $500 worth of credit use NCL's.. You have three years to use the points and one year once you get the cert to sail....

almost all points expire. You can't use the NCL ones for on board credit only cruise fare and cruise air I believe....

You need how many points to get $50 on board credit? ....yes you need at least $500 worth of credit use NCL's.. You have three years to use the points and one year once you get the cert to sail....

Yep ... all true.

AND ... on NCL you get 3% (or 4% on NCL product charges) ... on RCI, at best, you get only 1%. I have an RCI cc, but am going to cancel it because it just takes too long to get anything and I want to rack up the points/dollars on NCL. We have saved several thousand $$ off the cost of our NCL cruises by using our cc for everything we possibly can. In fact, we now have 2 cards. :)

Disclaimer: you have GOT to pay off the card each month or it's not worth having! ;)

~d

Archived