Perfect Beach in cozumel?

Hippygirl23

Hi there, we will be stopping in cozumel in early may 2008, and was planning on going to nachi cocom for the day. It will be just me and my dad, looking for a nice beach, clear water, soft sand, good chairs and just a bit of snorkling. Which beach is the best for an all round nice beach day? Thanks so much!

if you want snorkeling, you need to do one of the tours. the guys come aorund in the morning and get folks that want to do snorkeling or parasailing, take them out on their boats. the beach is to sandy for really good snorkeling. better fish viewing is in /around rocks.

nachi cocom's beach is great, the sand has a few shells..but it's not too hard on the feet. it's a beautiful beach, my DH loved the pool..not too crowded and big enough to do laps. the food was outstanding.

also depends on water toys, all inclusive, or pay as you go. We have chosen Playa Mia specifically because they have Hobie Cats. I love sailing and the $15 admission includes all non motorized water sports, my son likes the trampoline and the climbing wall in the water. We are not doing the AI because it is $30pp extra, it will be New Years Day. A few beers and a light lunch, will not cost 3 of us $90. We'll probably sleep in on the ship to at least 10 zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. This will be a no hurry, no worry day aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

Has anyone been to any of the beaches on the East side of the island? Playa Bush? I'm thinking about being a little adventerous.

Yes, I've been to several, but I've never heard of Playa Bush. Do you have a question about them?

Yes, I've been to several, but I've never heard of Playa Bush.

Hey Bruce,

This is a new one on me too. I wonder if there is a Playa Clinton or Playa Obama joke to go with this?;)

I'm sorry jet, but it was too good to pass up. As for the east side, you can get a great map of the island. Bruce-r knows the site where you can get it. You need to see Coconuts and Chen Rio if you go to the "wildside". and a side trip to Playa Palancar is nice too.

Hey Bruce,

This is a new one on me too. I wonder if there is a Playa Clinton or Playa Obama joke to go with this?;)

I'm sorry jet, but it was too good to pass up. As for the east side, you can get a great map of the island. Bruce-r knows the site where you can get it. You need to see Coconuts and Chen Rio if you go to the "wildside". and a side trip to Playa Palancar is nice too.

Actually, I was thinking of a different bush along the lines of the photos at Mezcalitos.:eek:

The map of Cozumel you want is at http://www.cancunmap.com

Yes, I've been to several, but I've never heard of Playa Bush. Do you have a question about them?

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

Above is the link that I used. You'll see Playa Bush on the East side of the island. I'm looking for a quiet out of the way beach. The only requirements that I have are a bar with cold beer and preferably a beach where I won't be killed or disfigured. It will just be me and the Mrs. Activities other than sitting in a chair like a lump and catching a buzz need not apply. Is there anything like that? Thanks!

Above is the link that I used. You'll see Playa Bush on the East side of the island. I'm looking for a quiet out of the way beach. The only requirements that I have are a bar with cold beer and preferably a beach where I won't be killed or disfigured. It will just be me and the Mrs. Activities other than sitting in a chair like a lump and catching a buzz need not apply. Is there anything like that? Thanks!

I dont know how outdated that site is, but if I were you look at Chen Rio, its on the east side, and is about the only safe place to swim on that side. Here is a more up to date site about beaches. http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches

I think you'd enjoy Playa Palancar which is on the west side. You wouldn't have to hire a taxi by the hour or make arrangements for the driver to come back at a predetermined time to get you.

I'll have to check out this site,. Thanks.

Bruce-r and I are on the same page when it comes to Playa Palancar. This place is pretty laid back, with good food, drink and service and it usually is not crowded. You can loaf on the beach, swing in a hammock, splash around near the beach or take their reef snorkel. If we didn't make it a point to try something different each trip we would go back. But, alas, there are so many neat places and so little time.

Archived