QM2, Bringing Wine Onboard

Brancine

Sorry, I know this has been asked before, but there seem to be conflicting answers. Can you bring your own wine or liquor onboard, in your carry-on, when embarking in NY? Thanks.

You may bring one bottle of wine, still or sparkling.

Anything else is, formally, against the rules.

However the bars on board are well stocked, and one can order bottles from cabin service for your cabin, so it really isn't worth the effort anyway. A first class bottle of champagne for sailaway is nice, but the small Veuve Clicquot bottles served on deck are jolly nice too.

Matthew

Sorry, I know this has been asked before, but there seem to be conflicting answers. Can you bring your own wine or liquor onboard, in your carry-on, when embarking in NY? Thanks.

I don't know what the exact rule is from Cunard, but I've completed eight sailings on QM2 and have always packed a few bottles of my favorite white wine to keep in the fridge in the cabin. I'm sure they were quite obvious when my luggage went through the screening procedure...no one ever said anything. I plan on doing the same when I board the QV in NYC two weeks from Sunday! :)

I don't know what the exact rule is from Cunard, but I've completed eight sailings on QM2 and have always packed a few bottles of my favorite white wine to keep in the fridge in the cabin. I'm sure they were quite obvious when my luggage went through the screening procedure...no one ever said anything. I plan on doing the same when I board the QV in NYC two weeks from Sunday! :)

The formal position is as I stated it.

Your position appears to be common, and condoned.

Matthew

we carried on 6 bottle of champers in November, in carry on , the check in staff could clearly see what we had, we even had it scanned .

one said a word to us, we also carried on 4 large bottles of rum, no one again said anything.

we did a few followers though

dont worry about it you will be fine, one one the cruise stopped in nYC and purchased a 12 bottle case and took in on, check back on the nov 10th thread.

rob

Archived