Paradise is entering the Miraflores Locks NOW!

kroooz-cams

LOL....I think the tanker is going in the opposite direction. I thought I saw it drop from shot to shot. PARADISE will probably pull in just to the left of it on the cam pic. :)

Well, I was wrong.....now the tanker is pulling out of the locks just as the PARADISE enters them. Going in the same direction. :o

Sure can't miss that telltale "whale" tail of the PARADISE. Beautiful ! ! :D

Unfortunately the "non-smoking" emblem is not a sticker. It is raised steel plate like the ship's name and painted. Even if it is painted say white, you will always see the "non-smoking" emblem. I always found it curious to see that on her aft and then look skyward and see the smoke billowing out her stacks.

jeff

If you're referring to the large NO SMOKING symbol on the side of the hull, that is painted on and can be painted over quickly (probably on the way along the Mexican coast). :D

Watch now, this will start a smoking/no smoking fight. Only takes the mere mention of it. :D

I was so fascinated watching the Paradise sail through the Panama Canal that I was right clicking on pictures to save them for viewing later. I almost missed my bus leaving work in downtown L.A. because I wanted to watch the webcam until the last possible second. I downloaded some of the pictures from the webcam to webshots.com. If you would like to view them, click here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/186119413URZuqQ

Gary, I Marklodi would have been on a ship with such a webcam, I'm sure there would have been a sign for all of us to know he was there. ;) I sure miss him visiting the boards. I've had a few E-mails from him but since he has no plans to cruise until December 2005, he has been staying away. And here I though Mark would never be at a loss for words. :D

I thought it was sort of funny to see the picture of the two guys snoozing in the lounge chairs!! Guess they weren't too excited to be going through the Panama Canal...it looks like most of the other passengers were out on deck though!!

Thanks Kathy for the link to the photos.Cool!

Hope things are fine with you. I have not been on here as much as previously. "Talked" to you just before you went on your cruise out of Long Beach with your 'friend".

Only 4 1/2 months to our cruise;we got our flight(SEA-MIA return nonstop US$278/pp with Alaska!!Woo hoo!!)

Hi mayrashke,

Yes, I do remember "talking" with you. It sounds like you got a pretty good deal on your airfare. How will you be getting from Canada to Seattle? The 4 1/2 months to your cruise will go so fast. I can't wait to hear how wonderful your cruise was and see all your pictures.

Hi Kathy, We are in Vancouver-only about 2 1/2 hr.drive(plus any border wait lineups).We will park our car at one of those park&fly places.

Figuring out what excursions to do;have to book the PL Hotel 2 nights precruise and 1 postcruise(that one near the airport).

If you have any suggestions please email me. PL does seem to have good bargains on hotels-tried one pathetic attempt so far!

You are having good weather where you are-lucky you.

We might go to Dland next late summer(around Labour Day) as the oldest will be in High School next year and probably can't pull her out of school for a week anymore!. :-( But this schoolyear-cruising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye for now.

mayrashke,

That's not too long of a drive. I've never been to Vancouver, only Victoria. I'm no help when it comes to the places to stay or excursions for cruises out of Florida. I've only sailed out of Long Beach/Los Angeles so far.

K

Archived