Is this a good cabin? Sensation E255

BLUEROSEKY

We got our guarantee assignment today! Woo hoo! Anyway, since this is SIL and my first cruise I don't know if this is a good cabin or not. We are sailing on the Sensation and were assigned E255 which is an aft OV. I know a 6D is a good thing for going with a guarantee. At least I think it is??? Has anyone stayed in an aft ov that can let me know. I am just happy that our cruise is only 59 days away. They could have put me in a broom closet at this point and I would just be stupid happy!!:p I think I read somewhere that the assignment could still be changed, is that true?

Thanks,

Karen

We had a Handicapped cabin, E259, on the Elation. That room dotted the 'i' in Elation on the rear of the ship. We loved the cabin!!! It, too, ended a hallway and we worried we'd have too much noise funneled down to us -- but no!

It's straight upstairs to the Ecstasy dining room, if you eat there.

The cabin slept with our beds in line with the ship, under the window. Loved seeing the wake as we cruised! We had a rough storm on our last night, but no problems. I went up on deck about 3am and finally found an unlocked door, and stood outside, HANGING onto the railing with the wind and rain in my face... Lightning was amazing! But, a crew member politely YELLED at me to come in NOW, and PROMPTLY locked the door I'd found unlocked! Anyway, Mom and DD slept through it like babies! With three in the room, it was like a supersized king-sized bed with no 'walkway' between the beds.

Hope that helps! PS That was our first cruise, too!

We got our guarantee assignment today! Woo hoo! Anyway, since this is SIL and my first cruise I don't know if this is a good cabin or not. We are sailing on the Sensation and were assigned E255 which is an aft OV. I know a 6D is a good thing for going with a guarantee. At least I think it is??? Has anyone stayed in an aft ov that can let me know. I am just happy that our cruise is only 59 days away. They could have put me in a broom closet at this point and I would just be stupid happy!!:p I think I read somewhere that the assignment could still be changed, is that true?

Thanks,

Karen

I was in cabin E244 on the Fascination a few weeks ago. The cabin seemed a little larger than the other OV cabins I've been in and I loved seeing the ship's wake from the window. There wasn't a lot of hallway traffic back there so it was quiet, and the closest elevators (or stairs) take you up to the Lido. I think you'll be happy there.

We had a Handicapped cabin, E259, on the Elation. That room dotted the 'i' in Elation on the rear of the ship. We loved the cabin!!! It, too, ended a hallway and we worried we'd have too much noise funneled down to us -- but no!

It's straight upstairs to the Ecstasy dining room, if you eat there.

The cabin slept with our beds in line with the ship, under the window. Loved seeing the wake as we cruised! We had a rough storm on our last night, but no problems. I went up on deck about 3am and finally found an unlocked door, and stood outside, HANGING onto the railing with the wind and rain in my face... Lightning was amazing! But, a crew member politely YELLED at me to come in NOW, and PROMPTLY locked the door I'd found unlocked! Anyway, Mom and DD slept through it like babies! With three in the room, it was like a supersized king-sized bed with no 'walkway' between the beds.

Hope that helps! PS That was our first cruise, too!

That would be awesome! I love it when it storms at sea! Sucks they made you come inside. I would have wanted to be on the front observation deck.

That reminds me, if it ever happens again and you're on a Fantasy Class ship: There is an observation deck at the very front of Atlantic. Just go forward on either side of the stage in the main lounge, and there are doors that lead to it. Great spot! Thats where I go.

That would be awesome! I love it when it storms at sea! Sucks they made you come inside. I would have wanted to be on the front observation deck.

That reminds me, if it ever happens again and you're on a Fantasy Class ship: There is an observation deck at the very front of Atlantic. Just go forward on either side of the stage in the main lounge, and there are doors that lead to it. Great spot! Thats where I go.

Thank you!! I love to feel the wind and rain and all the power and might of a storm!! There's something about being out in it!!! I'll remember

your spot! (If you're out there and some strange lady is there, too, just call me LambKnuckles and I'll know it's you!)

Then the morning after the storm - I must be up to watch the sun rise. MMMMMM, glorious, as any sunrise on a cruise is, but majestic after a storm! Oh, I'm getting too excited.... Only 37 more days... Then I'm 5 days on the Ecstasy... Or maybe I'll say 5 days of Ecstasy!!!

LK

Archived