Galapagos

Diva Onboard

We went in November last year .... weather was very nice (low to mid 70's and water temps in the low 70's). I asked a naturalist on board which month he thought was the best for this trip; he told me that May is probably the nicest for weather and vegetation.

Here's a link to a thread that has been running for over two years with lots of great info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=158948&highlight=xpedition

There is a thead called something like 'Xpedition anyone recently back' - is is usually on page 1 or 2 of these boards. It is now over 100 pages and will provide you with everything you ever wanted to know about this trip!

I was just on the Dec 2nd sailing - the weather in Quito was rubbish - wet and miserable, on the islands it was fantastic - not a drop of rain. They never did post the temperatures but I would guess it was high 70s. The water temperatures varied - the day with the really nice sandy beach it was warm enough not to wear the wet suit.

As to what month is 'best' - it depends what you want to see. We even saw albatrosses doing their dance which was very very late in the season. This site gives a guide: http://www.galapagosadventures.com/page23.html

Pictures in my sign off if you want to take a look.

No matter what month ,I always suggest going during a new moon phase. It really enhances the star gazing.In late December, we saw far fewer Albatross than in July...I wouldn't want to miss them,so my next trip will again be in July.

Archived