Radiance class balcony question

jrm9999

On the radiance class ships, quite a few balcony rooms are set back several feet. That is, they aren't placed all the way to the outer hull of the ship. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? How did you like it? I assume if you look straight down you do not see water, but some part of the deck of the ship. Was this an issue?

Also, I was told that the D1 cabins are about 200sq feet, which is bigger than on Voyager class. Anyone been on both that can compare?

Any input is appreciated.

We have sailed on the Radiance several times.

The set back looks down on a cover over the lifeboats. On deck 7 you have to look out to see the water, you can not see down. The angle improves on the higher decks. It is not really a problem.

I have toured the new Saphire Princess and their balconies are staggered back so the higher decks look down on the balconies on the lower decks. I do not care for that.

The E3 cabins on deck seven look down on the lifeboat awning, avoid these. Any D or E on decks eight, nine or ten will have a better view. We just had a D (1574) on the Serenade and it was crowded as we had our teenaged grandson with us. The balcony and view was very good, though.

As you entered the cabin there was a closet on one side and the small bathroom on the other. One wall had a vanity table with drawers (three small on each side) and shelves. Their was also a cabinet that held a frige and the safe on the same wall. Opposite was a sofa that made out onto the floor into a full bed. The sofa bed would be very small for two adults but okay for a couple of kids. When the couch is made out it is very difficult to get around in the cabin. There was a queen sized bed with two night stands by the balcony doors. The balcony had two nice chairs and a small side table.

Hope this helps.

Archived