Seabourn Spirit 2/14 SE Asia

harbormaster

Hello: This will be our first Seabourn cruise and we wonder if anyone else is on this itinerary. It is Singapore to Singapore with stops in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and other Thai and Malasian ports.

We usually cruise Regent, but really liked the fact that Seabourn docks in Bangkok itself, the dates and the itinerary. It's all new to us.

We're truly looking forward to the experience and hope to meet some of you onboard.

I will miss you by exactly one year. I am on the Spirit departing Singapore on February 14, 2009 and going through Viet Nam all the way to Shanghai. I know you will have a great time on Seabourn. And yes, one of the great advantages is being able to dock where no other ship can. Bon Voyage!

Don't worry about the ship being empty or hosting a cruise group. This is one of the most popular routes--this and South America. I was on it last year and it was full, as usual. It is usually sold out a year ahead. I believe some members of my extended family and their friends have booked this cruise, also.

I believe only a minority of Seabourn regulars post on CC.

I will miss you by exactly one year. I am on the Spirit departing Singapore on February 14, 2009 and going through Viet Nam all the way to Shanghai. I know you will have a great time on Seabourn. And yes, one of the great advantages is being able to dock where no other ship can. Bon Voyage!

Hi Wripro. We too will miss by exactly a year. 2 Med cruises booked for this year but Feb 14 09 will be our first Far East cruise. Have been to all the countries included, on business or pleasure but can`t wait to do it Seabourn style. See you onboard.:)

The Spirit is in dry dock now ~~in Singapore. You will certainly enjoy being aboard, especially after the "Sister" has had her face lifted and looks so spiffy!:D You'll also enjoy Captain Toenis T. Soerensen (Norwegian) as "T.T." is a favorite Master among many Seabournites. I hope Vitor Alves will be your Hot Man ~~both used to be aboard the Pride. I think Jan Stearman and David E. will be your Cruise Directors as I heard they were going to the Spirit.

You'll have a marvelous voyage ~~~-please post a review upon your return!:p Happy Sailing !

Martita B.

This will be our fourth cruise on Seabourn in this area. As far as I'm concerned, it is there best kept secret. As far as passengers, we have found that the majority are either Australian, Canadian, Brit's or Americans.

A very good mix on an excellent itinerary.

Usually, the majority of passengers are on "Grand Voyages" and spend a little time exploring the area before and after their cruise.

I do hope that Jan and David E are still onboard during this time as they are the best.

One of the highlites is cruising the Saigon River to Ho Chi Mein (saigon) and berthing downtown. Very handy and within walking distance of everything. They also have a shuttle for those in a hurry.

Enjoy your cruise. It will be fantastic, Bob

Archived