San Juan, 12/21, Carnival Miracle

NCTribeFan

We were in San Juan on Friday, 12/21. Arrived fairly early (we were docked before I got up at 8). We had planned on just doing a walking tour, so after having breakfast, we strolled down to the Tourist Office, got one of their maps (I'd printed a couple off the internet), walked outside and got the trolley to Fort Morro.

Paid the $3 pp entry fee and spent quite a long time wandering around. Very interesting site and beautiful views.

2247459990102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

We then walked down into Old San Juan and stopped for lunch at La Bombonera. What a fantastic place! I highly recommend it. We had yummy had, egg & cheese on homemade bread w/ fried. Unfortunately, we didn't have room for a mallorca, but they looked really tasty.

2483037120102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

We also stopped in and looked around the Cathedral, and walked down to Fort San Cristobal, but didn't tour.

We also felt compelled to try all the samples being given out in the duty free stores.

I'm seriously considering booking Carnival Victory for 12/14/08, which sails from San Juan (and which is ALL PORTS). Such a port-intensive itinerary would be exhausting, but that would give me an excuse to spend a couple of days post-cruise in San Juan to recuperate.

I loved what I saw of Old San Juan and very much would like to return and spend more time there. Thanks to all for the suggestions and recommendations.

Archived