Airfare Included in Price for Avalon?

estormy94

I am new to cruising in general -- taking my first cruise to the Caribbean in 2 weeks! Already planning the next one to the Christmas markets next year on Avalon.

Probably a stupid question, but -Is the cost of airfare including in the price of the trip? I wouldn't normally think so but the air travel time is inlcuded in the itinerary on their website & there's some other wording that makes me question that assumption.

I've sent this to Avalon as well, but haven't heard back so thought I'd post here. Thanks for the help!

The airfare is free from Boston and New York. We will go out of Philly with them and pay $100 each extra. We are on the Nov. 30th Christmas Market cruise. Which one are you on? Pat

I am sure Pacmom doesn't mean the airfare is "free". What she probably means is that there is no additional add on to the quoted 'including airfare" price from those 2 cities.According to the catalog the price including airfare for that Christmas Market cruise is $2495.00 and booking your own air,cruise only, is $1699.00 based on departure from New York.That is actually a pretty good price but if you are traveling from somewhere else you have to add in the addtional amount depending on your departure city.

That said, I have always found it cheaper to book my own airfare as we travel from the mid south.Check it both ways and take the best deal. I have never liked the very tight connections that Globus/Avalon insists are fine.You might also consider going to your embarkation city 1 or 2 days early to see a little more and to get over your jet lag.We like to do this but always book our own hotel for the extra days.It is always much cheaper and most times a much more central location.I use tripadvisor to find and book my extra days.

Mea Culpa, didn't really mean "free" airfare. Don't think you can get tix for US$800 round trip per person at that time of year. Plus you fly into Munich, then have to get to Nurn. to meet boat. On the return, you have to get from Cologne to Frankfort. Just think that going with their air is better this time. We usually do our own air--it is usually better. Happy New Year!! Pat

We are looking at the 12/8 - 12/17 Vienna to Prague cruise. I'd prefer the 11/30 & go Prague to Vienna, but that doesn't work for us with my DD's birthday falling on 12/1. We can't miss her birthday.

There are so many ways to plan this trip with so many variables to cost, it's a little mind-boggling! I like the idea of going a few days early to get over the jet lag.

Archived