What is happening to Celebration - Cruise SpreadSheet

ECP

Ok, I have started to create a spreadsheet that list a of Carnival's ships that are sailing the Caribbean from Nov.1-2008 to Feb.28-2009.

But while my Carnival brochure lists Celebration sailing to the Bahamas for those four month Carnival's website shows nothing for those times.

Mistake in brochure or website, or does this mean every single cabin is booked up?

I's have to double check but, I'd guess a dry dock.

They have to put the ship in for routin/trouble and they have to take the times when they come up.

Opps, I see it is the Celebration. It is sold! No sailings after April '08

Well your first reason is make sense except for the Legend Feb.8/2009 is shown as sailing in the brochure but does not show on Carnival's website still.

Ok, I have started to create a spreadsheet that list a of Carnival's ships that are sailing the Caribbean from Nov.1-2008 to Feb.28-2009.

But while my Carnival brochure lists Celebration sailing to the Bahamas for those four month Carnival's website shows nothing for those times.

Mistake in brochure or website, or does this mean every single cabin is booked up?

Celebration is leaving the fleet and is being replaced with a Fantasy Class ship.....Look under ports of departure and it might which ship is replacing her.

As for the Legand not showing it's showing through May 2009 out of Tampa when I look in the Carnival site.....

Just looked it up...Fascination is taking the place of the Celebration........

As for the Legand not showing it's showing through May 2009 out of Tampa when I look in the Carnival site.....

The site shows sailings before the week starting Feb.8/2009 and sailings after that week. But I can't seem to find any for that week at all on the web site.

Meanwhile the brochure clearly states there is a sailing that date.

The site shows sailings before the week starting Feb.8/2009 and sailings after that week. But I can't seem to find any for that week at all on the web site.

Meanwhile the brochure clearly states there is a sailing that date.

Well it won't be a dry dock because that takes two weeks. I looked on the Carnival site and it is not listed for booking that week. So the ship has probably been chartered by a group. Jazz cruise, nudists, rock and roll, Scientologist or who Knows what.

Try google and enter group cruises or group cruise charters Carnival Legand.

I'll bet a beer I'm right. If you wanted to cruise that week you'll have to find out what group it is....... ;)

So long Celebration. I figure the Holiday will go in 2009 when Dream launches. Guess I'll never get to do a Holiday Class ship. :(

Plenty of people will disagree with me, but you aren't missing much, IMO. And I sailed on Celebration 12 years ago! I wouldn't sail on her or her sisters again. I can't imagine (and don't want to imagine) what it would be like now. Of course, I had been on the Imagination inaugural only 9 months before my Celebration cruise, so the brand spanking new ship was fresh in my mind, and the only thing I had to compare to.

Well it won't be a dry dock because that takes two weeks. I looked on the Carnival site and it is not listed for booking that week. So the ship has probably been chartered by a group. Jazz cruise, nudists, rock and roll, Scientologist or who Knows what.

Try google and enter group cruises or group cruise charters Carnival Legand.

I'll bet a beer I'm right. If you wanted to cruise that week you'll have to find out what group it is....... ;)

And you get a beer! It's a nude cruise! And, it's an altered itinerary...Tampa, Key West, At Sea, Montego Bay, At Sea, Cozumel, At Sea, Tampa.

http://www.castawaystravel.com/groups-cruise.htm

Im with you guys for the love of the little sisters of the family ( Celebration & Holiday ) They also started our cruise addiction.

I would sail either one again.

Look at us,,,, are we standing up for the little old ladies of the fleet.

HELL YEAH ......:D

Sorry had to kick that in there;)

So long Celebration. I figure the Holiday will go in 2009 when Dream launches. Guess I'll never get to do a Holiday Class ship. :(

And suprisingly, that's too bad really...I went on Holiday last year, and while it was a bit less fru-fru, it was a great cruise. Some in our party were a bit disappointed after coming off Disney and celebrity the previous year but spousal unit and I could totally see ourselves doing Holiday again.

Never say never! :) There is still space on the last Celebration cruise in April! It will be a bit of history that we can't wait to be a part of!

Archived