Anyone get married on NCL???

Mich1121

It's good to see someone was able to respond though it didn't take place yet. I personally prefer NCL though I have nothing to compare them to. I have only sailed with them. The freestyle suits my family and the kids programs are great. I will be getting married in Port Canaveral. Are you adding on a reception? I decided against because for the price I really do not like the food options. We're taking everyone to the specialty restaurant Cagney's and NCL let me make an advance reservation because it was for a wedding party. What are you doing?

I'm not sure about the particulars of what we're doing yet (I just faxed in the agreement last week). In Europe the only option is to marry on shore, and the packages are already pretty expensive. We're having fewer than 10 people there (including us), so I think it would be more enjoyable to just pay for everybody to have dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. Maybe we'll have cake and champagne right after the ceremony and then a nice dinner later.

My daughter just got married on a NCL ship on 12/30. If you tell me a little about your plans, I'll give you some hints. The wedding was awesome, expecially because it was my "little" girl. We're in the process of writing our letters to NCl and the wedding experience to express our opinions.

Pam

It's good to see someone was able to respond though it didn't take place yet. I personally prefer NCL though I have nothing to compare them to. I have only sailed with them. The freestyle suits my family and the kids programs are great. I will be getting married in Port Canaveral. Are you adding on a reception? I decided against because for the price I really do not like the food options. We're taking everyone to the specialty restaurant Cagney's and NCL let me make an advance reservation because it was for a wedding party. What are you doing?

Hello! I'm getting married aboard the Jewel this March. I called NCL and they said that I cannot book a specialty restaurant ahead of time, even for a wedding party - how did you get that done???

Hello,

We are getting married 2-18-08 on the Gem. TWE customer service stinks. Make sure you get dob and driver lic information for your non-sailing guest at the time you send out your wedding invitations because you have to supply this information to your wedding planner. We weren't advise of this until we called and asked questions. I would strongly suggest you stay in touch with the them make a call monthly because they aren't really upfront with information you will need to provide. The fear of the unknown will drive you crazy the closer it gets to your wedding date. We wish you luck, and we will be sure to give you an update once we get back from out cruise.;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to make sure that everyone knows to document everything, make plenty of phone call to confirm details and getting everything via email in order to document in their words/email. The are well known for saying "they never said that or promised that". If you get everything in writing via email, then they have no leg to stand on. And trust me, they will call you a liar..... Any questions or concerns with the wedding coordinators/service, email me @ diannaallen72@verizon.net. Past, present or future brides. I just want to make sure no one goes through what we went through even though we covered ourselves. Dianna:mad:

I emailed the ship coordinator. When I called NCL directly they told me they do not make advance reservations but the ship coordinator handled it with no problem. I have until the week before sailing to pay the specialty restaurant fee in full and I will print out the emails and confirmation in case there are any problems. My ship coordinator's email address is shipcoordinatorgem@ncl.com for yours just substitute the same. It may take a day or two for a response but they are very helpful. Just stress that this is for your wedding and you do not want to take the chance of not being able to get a reservation on your special day.

I emailed the ship coordinator. When I called NCL directly they told me they do not make advance reservations but the ship coordinator handled it with no problem. I have until the week before sailing to pay the specialty restaurant fee in full and I will print out the emails and confirmation in case there are any problems. My ship coordinator's email address is shipcoordinatorgem@ncl.com for yours just substitute the same. It may take a day or two for a response but they are very helpful. Just stress that this is for your wedding and you do not want to take the chance of not being able to get a reservation on your special day.

I tried doing this and had no luck. The ship coordinator on the gem must be nicer than the one on the jewel! He told me I would have to wait until I board the ship to make the reservation - wedding or not. It was worth a shot though!

I'm sorry! I am having major problems with TWE. I have been dealing with Cassandra and I am not getting prompt replies to email and they refuse to send me a receipt or give me anything that says I have paid for a wedding and this is the date it is going to take place. I hate all of this last minute stuff. I just want to make sure everything is going to be taken care of and they rush me off the phone. UGH. I hope everything runs smooth. For what I am paying I shouldn't have to worry about stuff like this. I have a folder with all my faxes and confirmations and everything I need so if I show up on the boat and they mis placed my wedding I have all the proof I need.

I am sorry to hear that they are not responding. They should have provided you with a receipt within days of your purchase. Any "consultant" who answers the phone should be able to email it to you. When my person, Travis, was out ill, Vicki emailed me my receipt for me. I also have spoke with Johanne St.Louis who has been great too.

I've been advised I will receive it by the end of the day. I just want to make sure everything is set in stone and I feel like I am kind of harassing them but I like to make sure everything is in place. It looks like everything is and once I get my receipt and final paper work I will be a very happy woman. I can't wait to hear back from everyone once they are married. This vacation cannot come soon enough!

I'm sorry! I am having major problems with TWE. I have been dealing with Cassandra and I am not getting prompt replies to email and they refuse to send me a receipt or give me anything that says I have paid for a wedding and this is the date it is going to take place. I hate all of this last minute stuff. I just want to make sure everything is going to be taken care of and they rush me off the phone. UGH. I hope everything runs smooth. For what I am paying I shouldn't have to worry about stuff like this. I have a folder with all my faxes and confirmations and everything I need so if I show up on the boat and they mis placed my wedding I have all the proof I need.

I've got a tip for you, start calling Denise directly, she's the supervisor for NCL weddings, and she's the one I've had the best results with. Her info is as follows:

Denise Milow Supervisor-NCL Weddings

Phone: 1-800-392-3472 x1035

Direct Line: 305-421-1035

E-Fax: 1-866-811-8682

dmilow@theweddingexperience.com

Denise will always email you back, but she usually catches up on her emails in the late afternoon. If you call her directly, she can answer your questions and make sure you get your receipts quickly. She caught some mistakes that Cassandra made on my booking (like a "cancelled" champagne toast that I definitely never cancelled).

Trust me, you will be much happier!!!

Thank you! I am going to email her asap because I have not received my receipt yet or any type of confirmation that I even booked the wedding. Also, when I faxed over my marriage license paper work Cassandra said she already had it on file though it was my first time filling it out and faxing it over. Maybe she is new or just not experienced but I would like a supervisor to look into things for me.

Thank you!

I just want to make sure that everyone knows to document everything, make plenty of phone call to confirm details and getting everything via email in order to document in their words/email. The are well known for saying "they never said that or promised that". If you get everything in writing via email, then they have no leg to stand on. And trust me, they will call you a liar..... Any questions or concerns with the wedding coordinators/service, email me @ diannaallen72@verizon.net. Past, present or future brides. I just want to make sure no one goes through what we went through even though we covered ourselves. Dianna:mad:

this is so true. Our granddaughter got married on Celebrity a couple of years ago. Everything, including most of the pricing changed even after deposits were made. DD was held to the new pricing, etc. The wedding went off fabulously, we all had a great time, it was an easy way to combine a wonderful experience with a wonderful vacation, but there were problems. One example, even during the reception, a 2 hour cocktail and appitizer reception, the waiters started by only serving champange. When we asked them why, they claimed that was the contract. Within a few minutes all was cleared up, but the problem should never occurred. Of course changing wedding coordinators in mid stream didn't help.

Nita

Just asking if anyone has any reviews about getting married on NCL? I am on the Gem. Sailing out on 3/22/08-wedding on 3/24/08. Would like to hear how it all went.
As we were debarking from the Star a couple getting married were enbarking. Actually one of those in our group was going to attend the wedding. Though I wasn't there ( it was held before sailing) everything went smoothly and the crew did a great job.

Nita

Hello,

We are getting married 2-18-08 on the Gem. TWE customer service stinks. Make sure you get dob and driver lic information for your non-sailing guest at the time you send out your wedding invitations because you have to supply this information to your wedding planner. We weren't advise of this until we called and asked questions. I would strongly suggest you stay in touch with the them make a call monthly because they aren't really upfront with information you will need to provide. The fear of the unknown will drive you crazy the closer it gets to your wedding date. We wish you luck, and we will be sure to give you an update once we get back from out cruise.;)

It states this in the NCL brochure & Informational Packet...most questions can be answered in the brochure in the Q & A section...please read people, read! ;)

I don't understand your comment above.. We're just stating experiences that we have had with NCL and TWE. Obviously we are reading but we are talking and voicing our concerns. I didn't know that was an issue in a web forum...

Thank you! I am going to email her asap because I have not received my receipt yet or any type of confirmation that I even booked the wedding. Also, when I faxed over my marriage license paper work Cassandra said she already had it on file though it was my first time filling it out and faxing it over. Maybe she is new or just not experienced but I would like a supervisor to look into things for me.

Thank you!

Yeah, several weeks ago I asked Cassandra what type of information we needed to provide for the marriage license, and she said that we were all set and didn't need to send her anything. I thought that was strange, and then a couple weeks ago Denise emailed me the pre-application form and asked me to fill it out ASAP. Cassandra was supposed to send me that when we booked but never did. Cassandra also told me that I couldn't make a salon appointment in Miami, because they "don't do that." So I made an appointment on my own - then Denise emailed and asked if I needed her to make me one! The list goes on... From now on, I just double-check everything with Denise. She at least seems like she's on the ball. I got so much incorrect information from Cassandra that I don't feel too comfortable leaving things in her hands. Whenever I pay for anything, I ask for a receipt to be emailed to me as soon as my credit card is charged. Denise always sends it the same day I ask for it. You should definitely ask for your receipt... It wouldn't hurt to call Denise and ask her to run through the details of your wedding as well - just to make sure it's all correct. You'll feel much better, I know I did!

I don't understand your comment above.. We're just stating experiences that we have had with NCL and TWE. Obviously we are reading but we are talking and voicing our concerns. I didn't know that was an issue in a web forum...

All I meant was alot of questions & concerns I see on some threads can be answered in the different brochures & paperwork brides receive...some people don't read them and then get frustrated when their coordinator informs them of how things work...I know there is alot to read but most questions can be found in the paperwork...I know some coordinators aren't the best, believe me, but if you're frustrated with one call or e-mail a supervisor...that usually gets good results. Hang in there! :)

I know thanks! I haven't even received any paper work yet or any type of literature confirming what I booked and that everything is set. It took me 5 emails to even get a receipt and 3 phone calls asking why they haven't charged my credit card yet. It is not the best service but hopefully I will have nothing to worry about when my day comes.

Oh congrats! I can check back in two weeks and they will have the final details of my wedding yet. Should I be nervous I haven't received any official legal paper work yet regarding my marriage license. But I only booked my wedding two weeks ago.

Archived