Ft. Lauderdale Hotels, help me decide

jdexplorer

Here are the specs. Myself my wfe and my two sons 24 and 28, we are going on the Jewel on the 14th of November and we are lookiing for a hotel for one night. Nice clean and friendly, good neighborhood and walking distance to shops and sight seeing. We are on a guarantee cabin so we do not know what room we will have on the ship yet. I have read about several hotels and we cant make up our mind yet so please help us decide. Amerisuites on 17th street. Comfort suites Airport and cruise port on 17th street. Comfort Inn on Stirling road, or the Springhill suites By Marriott in dania. Your help sure would be appreciated. Any one else going on the same cruise. Thanks JD

We have stayed at Amerisuites, Embassy suites and Yankee Clipper. All were nice. Of the choices you mentioned, my vote would be for Amerisuites. You can probably get it for $60 or $70 through priceline. The hotel is close to resteraunts and a supermarket to load up on water soda etc.

Jay

The Comfort Inn on Stirling Road is a nice hotel with a really nice pool area with a Tiki bar. There is a restaurant that serves a breakfast (included in hotel stay) that is much more than continental. The restaurant is also open for dinner and they also provide room service. There are 2 fast food chains (I think it's Taco Bell and McDonalds) next door. There is also a shopping center within walking distance. They provide a shuttle to the airport and cruiseport; however, if you do stay here reserve your space on the shuttle to the pier when you check in. The same shuttle services this hotel and the one next door. They must be owned by the same people.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street many times both before and after cruises.

There are lots of restaurants in that area, some shops, a Publix, and an Eckerd.

Hotel has an outdoor heated pool.

Thy provide transportation to and from the airport and to and from the pier.

They have a managers cocktail party each evening from 5:30 - 7:30 - free drinks, popcorn and pretzels.

And there is a free full breakfast each morning.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the same sailing - jos 11/14/04 - we had reservations at the comfort inn airport cruiseport and the comfort inn stirling rd (couldn't decide!). After reading several negative comments about both we decided to cancel both and go with the Hampton Inn airport north. I don't remember the thread name but maybe if you put in "comfort inn" in "search" you will find it. good luck - maybe we'll see you on board!!! can't wait

For a suite hotel I would pick Embassy suites on 17th st., and 2nd choice Amerisuites. Embassy suites has a nicer pool area. If you do not have to have a suite, the Marriott Marina would be a good choice-its also on 17th st. near the pier, and is also on the intercoastal and water taxi route. Free shuttle to the pier, and for $5/day you can visit the sights in Ft. Lauderdale via water taxi.It also has a nice pool area.

We stayed at the Amerisuites in May. Great location! There is an Outback Steakhouse across the parking lot, and an excellent Mexican Resturant right next door to the Outback. They have a free shuttle to the port, and a drug store I think it is Walgreens just a few minutes from the hotel so it is easy to hoof it.

Thanks to all that responded we have decided on the Hampton Fort Laudedrale North it is located on SW 12th Avenue. 7NUCRUZERS I do beleive this is the same hotel you will be staying at. How many in your party. I went directly to the Hampton web site and booked this hotel directly. I received a great price. Lots of amenities for the 4 of us. Shuttle service and the whole nine yards cant beat this. All reviews of this hotel will greatly be appreciated. The only plans we have in Fort Lauderdale is to ride the water taxi , any other ideas will be greatly be appreciated. I need help with one more thing. We have never sailed from Port Everglades, here is my question. When we return from the cruise we have an 11:30AM flight home. What is my fastest way to the airport for 4 adults with lots of luggage. I have read about the Airport Express but I think they might only have Town Cars and I dont think all of our luggage will fit in a Town Car. Any ideas and suggestions please help. Thanks JD

Getting back to FLL airport is easy. There are many shuttle operators who will be just filling up their van's/buses and off they go! Most even have u-haul type trailers for the luggage. I think we paid $8 each last time. There are also taxi's but luggage for 4 probably won't fit. Don't forget you are going to need transportation to get the Water Taxi. The closest stop is at the Marriott off 17th. Street. Do stop at Los Olas and walk around. Also, a stop at the Hyatt before sunset; go up to their revolving restaurant/lounge to see sunset. It is breathtaking.

Bon Voyage

jdexplorer - glad to see you chose the same hotel. I've never been here but have read some good reviews - hope they are true! We have a party of nine adults and have booked three rooms. My dh and I are gov't employees so we got a gov't rate of 69.00 - we were pleased with that. We only booked three rooms because the four women are staying together in one - three men in one and two men in the other. We have a single man going with us and we didn't want him to have to have a room alone and feel "left out". We're all very good friends and have done this before - we have such a great time. Look forward to maybe seeing you on the Jewel 11/14 - can't wait!!!! Don't know the answer to your question about the shuttle to the airport but I think you can book a shuttle directly from RCCL to the airport - this must be done ahead of sailing. Call rccl and ask i'm just not sure - see ya in November!

7NUCRUZERS we are looking forward to this cruise, we went to the Hampton web site and got the hotel for 98.10 for all 4 of us in 1 room with 2 queen beds. Royal Caribbean's shuttle service is for persons with noon flights are later. We have an 11:15 flight so we need alternative transportation. We will look you up when we get to the Hampton Inn. We are from a town just outside of St. Louis and this will be our third cruise with Royal Caribbean. We have sailed on the Jewels sister ship the Radiance when we went to Alaska and what a beautiful ship she was. My two sons have never sailed so this will be their first. We get to fort lauderdale around noon on Saturday so I sure hope they let us check in early. See you in November. John and Roseann.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely try Hotwire or Priceline if you're looking to save $$$. I checked Hotwire, and right now it appears the Holiday Inn is $57. At this price you could get two rooms. This is the *** with these icons. Beach/Food/Pool/Gym/Computer.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

The last time I was there I used a company called BC Express I found them to be excellent. They even went to the trouble of going back to my hotel to find my mobile and posted it back to me when I left it.

There web site is http://www.bcsexpress.com

If they are half as good with you as they were with me you will be very happy, and there prices are good to.

They helped me with hotel's in Las Vegas, Ft Lauderdale and Miami

Regards

Mike

I see only 8 posts for orlando mike.. do we think he works for BC Express??

We will also be on the Jewel Nov.14 - suggest you try Priceline --price accepted is below -

Tom Brodzeller (LOWPSA)

FLL Airport La Quinta 42.00 11/11-11/14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Booked on Priceline 2* FLL -is nice hotel They accepted my first bid of $42.00

very close to Port

Going on Jewel 11/14 - Sugesst you check out

http://www.biddingfortravel.com to help you bid on Priceline.

Super price -We will rent car --for pre cruise -Will have car which will be easy to get around.

Tom B (LOWPSA) in Phoenix

I see only 8 posts for orlando mike.. do we think he works for BC Express??

Left-click on his username and select "Find all Posts" and you can see exactly what all of his posts have been about... (you can do that for any CC poster). It seems all of his posts thus far have been about the same company.

Left-click on his username and select "Find all Posts" and you can see exactly what all of his posts have been about... (you can do that for any CC poster). It seems all of his posts thus far have been about the same company.

Mandy.. I did do that that is why I think it is suspicious.. I was searching for Shuttle info when we have to go from Ft. Lauderdale Hotel to Miami Port.

I will have to do further research..

goodml Let me know if you come up with a shuttle.. I have to get from a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale to the Pier in MIAMI... party of 3.. trying to find the best way.. I am going to call.. super shuttle.. I have used them throughout the us..

Archived