Flying into Galveston

macleay

In planning a cruise out of Galveston, I'm finding that, although Galveston has an airport, none of the major airlines fly into it. Has anybody had any luck flying into Galveston and if so, which airline? I'm trying to avoid renting a car in Houston and driving to Galveston. Looks like that may be impossible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jill

Houston's Hobby Airport is closest to Galveston. Southwest Airlines has many flights to/from Hobby. It is also served by AirTran, Delta, and American. Continental Express used to have service to Ellington Field, but I believe that that service has been withdrawn.

Of course, all the major airlines have service to Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport, but it is farther from Galveston than Hobby.

Thanks for your reply. I can't find any flights from the bigger airports in Texas into Galveston, so I guess we'll rent a car and drive in.

By the way, the Galveston.com site that a few have referred to is great for finding a hotel that will allow parking for the week of the cruise!

Jill

Thanks for your reply. I can't find any flights from the bigger airports in Texas into Galveston, so I guess we'll rent a car and drive in.

Jill

i ended up booking flights in and out of bush -- we will drive to galv and after the cruise will take a limo back to the airport

we are from beaverton ---where are you from and when are you sailing

i ended up booking flights in and out of bush -- we will drive to galv and after the cruise will take a limo back to the airport

we are from beaverton ---where are you from and when are you sailing

Hi! We're from Salem. Haven't booked the cruise for sure yet, but are looking at the Grand Princess out of Galvston on 11-27.

So you rent a car at Bush, pay the one-way drop fee, and then hire a limo back, huh? How far is Bush from Galveston? I was looking at flying into Hobby.

So you rent a car at Bush, pay the one-way drop fee, and then hire a limo back, huh? How far is Bush from Galveston? I was looking at flying into Hobby.

so were we but we couldnt get a good flight or out of hobby so we ended up at bush intl

there are only 2 drop offs in galv and enterprise is the cheapest --renting on saturday the 19th and dropping off on monday the 21st --cost for the rental is 77.49 plus a 25.00 drop off fee --about the same price of a limo but this way we have the car for touring around on sunday

we are on the 3/31 galaxy sail out of galv

so were we but we couldnt get a good flight or out of hobby so we ended up at bush intl

there are only 2 drop offs in galv and enterprise is the cheapest --renting on saturday the 19th and dropping off on monday the 21st --cost for the rental is 77.49 plus a 25.00 drop off fee --about the same price of a limo but this way we have the car for touring around on sunday

we are on the 3/31 galaxy sail out of galv

That helps--thanks!

Have fun on your cruise! I'm sure looking forward to ours!

Aloha

My wife and I rented a car at Bush from Enterprise.If you call the actual airport location instead of their 800 number they will quote you a rate of $50.00 each way. This is a pakage price only available direct and there is no drop charge.JD

Aloha

My wife and I rented a car at Bush from Enterprise.If you call the actual airport location instead of their 800 number they will quote you a rate of $50.00 each way. This is a pakage price only available direct and there is no drop charge.JD

Thanks--I will try that if we can't fly into Hobby. I did book the flight today and Princess will sell us transfers for $77 apiece if we fly into Hobby. That seems to be the easiest.

Try these links ::::

http://www.galveston.com/transportation/

www.galvestonlimousineservice.com

Happy Cruising !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! We ended up buying a one-way transfer from the airport--they'll drop us off at the Houston Marriott on Friday and then pick us up and take us to the pier on Saturday. We'll get a taxi or limo on the way back since I booked us a 12:30 flight and apparently that may be cutting it close. Thanks for the links!

Jill

Archived