Passport / Resident Alien Card ?

SConnolly

Caroline, Fellow Crusiers, maybe you can help.

I hold a European passport but reside in the US for many years and have a Resident Card. On all my previous RCCL cruises they have taken both my Passport & Greencard when boarding and usually hold it until we are due to disembark on the last day or when coming back into a US port. On some cruises they just held the Green card, Even on our Europe trips this was the case.

I tried the RCCL desk on this one, but cannot seem to get a clear answer.

One person told me they wiill keep it another said they do not hold on to them for the Alaska cruises. Conflicting responses.

I see some tours require & reccommend you bring along your passport etc as you cross over the border. As we plan to do some of our trips independantly,

am I out of luck?

I have to imagine they return them to you but can anyone comfirm.

Thanks

Shay

8 days & counting......

PS: Were going either way....

SOS 9/19/2004

Tough question.. when I was a TA we referred situations like this to traveler's consulate.. I can tell you that when we were in Canada a couple of years ago and crossed into the US, a group of New Zealanders had major problem at the border because their TA had not given them correct documentation. I don't remember details and it was resolved. Can your TA give you a fax number to fax Royal Carib directly in writing and ask this question???? I still think calling consulate is best way to go, get name of who you talk to, preferably answer in writing... and then deal with cruise line.

Archived