Stupid polish on the Pride

simonmary

:eek: Well, after finishing our first Seabourn cruise, I can understand why they keep everything polished. That's so you can't grab onto something and not have to leave!!!

Seriously - I think I left gouges in the gangplank. Only thing that made me feel better were that there were already gouges there from previous passengers.

The crew was stunning. Absolutely wonderful. The passengers - save one, were great. One grumpy-gus (think he missed his nap) had NOTHING good to say about the cruise. Started when we were late leaving, then early arriving in Grand Turk. :cool: Nothing made this individual happy. Made me feel bad for his stewardess as she had a no-win proposition going for her.

Kelly-Ann, our stewardess, wouldn't fit into the suitcase! So we had to leave her for the next lucky group.

Here I sit at home, with no way to get another cup of tea or a Diet Coke save to get up and get it myself :eek:

And, I have had to make the bed TWICE!!! Oh the horrors.

On the upside, at least I don't have to tidy the room before Kelly-Ann shows up. Please don't tell me that I am the only person to do that! :)

Simon, Mr. I-don't-like-travel-especially-abroad, was looking at the brochure and is interested in the Spain-France-Italy trip in 2010!

There were a lot of teens onboard, and a handfull of the 5 and under group. Felt bad for them as there was nothing for the youngers to do. Which meant that the parents didn't get a break.

Yes and yes to all you said. Now you understand first hand the love affair one has with Seabourn.

It is always a rude awakening for me to get off a Seabourn ship and return to my "normal" life...with no white gloved waiters to serve me tea at four or smiling stewardess to tidy up my room. And the meals on Seabourn! It is such a privilege to sail on their ships. Such luxury and such fun.

I'm glad that you are planning another Seabourn journey, and especially glad you had such a wonderful time.

Jane

simonmary,

How did your food allergies go? Did you visit with Cheffy or the Hotel Manager? The food/wines are always so fabulous during the holidays aboard the Sister's ~~I especially enjoy seeing the Gingerbread houses/villages. Last year Santa's Elves delivered our large plates of "goodies" to each suite......very impressive!

My good friends, from outside Atlanta, are still aboard. I've received mail from them ~~having a blast. I hope you met them as they are a lovely couple.....(L. and D. R.) I know you enjoyed Mr. Broadway, Eric DeGray ~~~Eric, I believe, will soon return to the Legend. I so wish the entertainment staff would bring back their "King Neptune" act, during the Galley Market Luncheon ~~Eric was dressed as "Neptune" (all 6'7") as other Staff members donned outfits as mermaids, pirates, etc., etc. You have a mental picture, I'm sure.....:confused: Such fun in the dining room! I also miss our luncheon "tea dances" in the restaurant.

My favorite Seabourn toast is:" The best Islands in the world, are those that float and move.....their names are the Pride, the Legend and the Spirit!" Salute !

Happy New Year:p Safe and smooth sailing's!

Martita B.

Sure, it's a first-timer who thinks that by just clinging to the railing in the Pursers' Lobby they can stay on. IT TAKES CHAINS AND LOCKS!!! (Preferably with some accordian wire for good measure.)

Trouble is, it's so hard to remember to pack it. And, they have wire cutters. Moaning and pleading doesn't work either.

Martita,

I think we ate with your friends on Boxing day. Ask them if they had dinner with Eric and "Al the monkey" as co-host! The monkey belongs to Simon. He missed his calling in life. He should have been a puppeteer or a writer. All of his animals have names and personalities. Complete with stories.

My allergies went better than expected. I kept telling myself that I was imagining things when I would have difficulty breathing after eating the "safe" bread. The last day, I got the recipie - had butter in it. Fortunately, not enough to trigger an anaphylactic reaction. Once, they forgot and I got wheat pasta, but that was caught quickly. Once, they forgot and toasted the bread - cross contamination by the toaster - this required self-medication intervention. Just got a bit grumpy (testy) when they wanted me to go to medical. But, as these were the only glitches in a week, I figure that we did really well.

Eric was an Elf on Christmas. Yes, a 7 foot elf. Quite the image!

simonmary

I received an e-mail from Eric DeGray ~~he related being an elf and having Capt. Dexter's wife and Mrs. Cass on stage with him ! I bet that was a sight to see !:D Eric is so much fun ~~he'll be going on his vacation the end of Jan., I believe. I'm disappointed he will not be on our March Pride Crossing ~~~

Glad your "special safe bread" worked out ~~~

Oh, I also sail with my monkey family ~~~I always take the "family" on the Crossing's. Member's are: Mr Monk, Ms.Snow, Miss Sal Gal (she's French ~Capt. Toenis T. brought her to Monk from Devil's Island a few yrs. ago) and baby Pinkie. The Monkey family "hang out" in the Sky Bar ~~Guests enjoy playing with them. Oh, and they are always invited to the Crew Bar parties! All have their wardrobes ~~my favorite is baby Pinkie's tu tu and pink fur shrug.

And Mr. Monk looks quite spiffy in his black tux!

You might get the idea that I've lost my marbles ~~well perhaps a few ~~~but the Monkey's are quite popular among the Guests & the Crew! I've had Guests call me from the Sky Bar and say, "Martha, would you please bring Monk, and the family up to the Sky Bar? We're sittin' here waiting on 'em!:confused: " Guess we can be 10 year olds on the Ocean, if we want to!;)

So happy you enjoyed your Seabourn voyage!

Martita B.

Let me see if this works. I am not really good with technology, and we are on dial-up. If it works, here are the names to go with the photo:

(The photo quality isn't good as my camera had gone stupid)

L-R

Fweb (really Fred, but he isn't bright enough for an R or D), Al is mostly hidden, Christmas Al (in the Elf outfit), San-Duh, Who (wearing the Christmas Tree), Oops the Elf, Bernard (the only "good" one of the bunch).

The photo was taken in St. John's. We had a Carnival ship next to us. They took so many photos of the arrangement!

DSC00447.jpg.6b4317f169458517eea977a7381edd69.jpg

Adorable critters! Thanks for posting the photo!:D

My Monkey group will not be joining me on Miss Pam's President's cruise next week~~they were invited to go skiing in the New Mexico mountains!:confused: But will be coming a'long for the Pride March Crossing.

Nelson, at the Sky Bar would be sorely disappointed if I didn't bring them ~~~Mr Monk has a fairly new green St Paddy's sweater and Sal Gal will need something new......Baby Pinkie always wears her tu tu. (she plans to be a ballerina ;))

What fun we have ! Hope we are sailing together in the near future~

Martita B.

Hi Simon, glad you had a wonderful cruise. I also have a severe food allergy. It's to mustard, which is in many recipes. I always reminded our servers just in case, and while there were a few things I couldn't eat,like those wonderful crabcakes.... They revised some meals for me. I can't say enough about how they accommodated this. I was able to enjoy most meals, which for me was part of the highlight. Usually I miss out on some excellent food due to this allergy. But not with Seabourn! They were fantastic!

Archived