Chops or Portofino

Swimfly

Well personally I would do both, one by our selves and the other with the parents. Chops is a steakhouse and Portofino is more Italian but still serves the most delicious filet mignon I have ever tasted. It really is a toss up and I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Ahhhhhhh I think you talking about Chops because Portfinos is a Italian restaurant and I don’t think they serve steak at there! :D

They most certainly do. Portofino has one of the best filet mignon steaks that I have ever had. It is called " Filetto Di Manzo Alla Piastra" or Grilled North American beef tenderloin on creamy truffle mashed potatoes roasted garlic and seasonal vegatables. Darn, now my mouth is watering.LOL

They most certainly do. Portofino has one of the best filet mignon steaks that I have ever had. It is called " Filetto Di Manzo Alla Piastra" or Grilled North American beef tenderloin on creamy truffle mashed potatoes roasted garlic and seasonal vegatables. Darn, now my mouth is watering.LOL

Mine too, it was an awesome meal :D

###

Thank you for your correction I learn something new everyday! :D

My vote would also go to Portafino if you can choose only one. IMHO the atmosphere at Portafino is much more intimate and inviting. I also feel the food is a notch above Chops.

Chops has a steak house atmosphere - you can see where they prepare the steaks and the sides are served family style. Good luch whichever you choose and happy cruising and eating!!:)

If we are sailing on a ship that has both, we do both but when we sail on Explorer that only has Portofino, we go there. Great as well.

Do like CHOPS a tad better (we like the menu better) but either venue is a great choice!!

Pam

If we are sailing on a ship that has both, we do both but when we sail on Explorer that only has Portofino, we go there. Great as well.

Do like CHOPS a tad better (we like the menu better) but either venue is a great choice!!

Pam

Sam here Pam, we prefer Chops because we had better service - both are great options.

###

We loved Portofino. We had the best meal of our entire cruise. The wait staff was very attentive. Our waiter kept suggesting we order the filet mignon, but we chose other entrees. Well he brought one out for our table to try anyway, and it was one of the best filets I've ever had, amazingly tender with great flavor. We all thought it was so good that we returned to Portofino a second night and we ALL ordered the filet. The tiger shrimp risotto was very good and the spiedino di frutti di mare alla toscana is a giant (and I mean giant) hanging skewer of lobster, scallops, salmon, and jumbo prawns. For dessert the chocolate gianduia cake was heaven on a plate. When our waiter overheard me say that he brought me a piece to bring back to the room.:) We will definitely dine at Portofino again if we have the opportunity!

We loved Portofino. We had the best meal of our entire cruise. The wait staff was very attentive. Our waiter kept suggesting we order the filet mignon, but we chose other entrees. Well he brought one out for our table to try anyway, and it was one of the best filets I've ever had, amazingly tender with great flavor. We all thought it was so good that we returned to Portofino a second night and we ALL ordered the filet. The tiger shrimp risotto was very good and the spiedino di frutti di mare alla toscana is a giant (and I mean giant) hanging skewer of lobster, scallops, salmon, and jumbo prawns. For dessert the chocolate gianduia cake was heaven on a plate. When our waiter overheard me say that he brought me a piece to bring back to the room.:) We will definitely dine at Portofino again if we have the opportunity!

Thanks a lot! I already decided that if I ever went to Portofino, I would order the filet without a thought. Now you inform me that they have my other passion -- lobster!

You're not helping me out one bit. ;)

BadBoysDrive Audi, you may not have to choose, you may be able to have both. We had all ordered other things, and we didn't even ask to try the filet, our waiter just brought it out for us. Maybe you could order one and ask to try the other... It can't hurt to ask. And afterall, it did get our group back to Portofino for a second time!

Wow! I'm reading this at 2am and am starting to feel the ache of hunger pains. I think Portofino sounds marvelous. I'll be sure to have at least one of us order the filet mignon. We won't be able to try both because we don't want to desert our parents two nights.

I thought the age limit was 16 for the specialty restaurants?

###

PC, it is SO hard to keep these things straight. :D

Solarium, the adult only pool - limit is 16 years old. (yeah, like they are adults!)

Specialty restaurants - 13 years old.

Required age to be in school - until 16th birthday. :rolleyes:

Dh and I are going on a cruise with both sets of parents. One evening we want to enjoy an intimate dinner for two. Do you recommend Chops or Portofino? Thanks!

Both restaurants are great. You should decide from the standpoint of what you prefer to eat. I don't think anyone on this board can answer that for you.

SQ/01/08

I would have to say that you should go to both on the trip.

A good meal is about the chef, so it's hard to say which one will have the better chef.

For example in Jan 07 on the Brilliance, Portifino was MUCH better then Chops. On a 10 day I think we ended up eating at Chops one time, and Portafino either 2 or 3.

Last month on Liberty Chops was MUCH better. We did a back to back and did each once on the first week. Week 2 we did Chops twice and Portafino twice.

Archived