Another balcony question?

Desert star

:confused: We have booked our first balcony cabin on CB (R737) in April. We have stayed on before, and love this deck due to the fact that it is so close to the Terrace pool.

I know everyone loves the large decks on Caribe, and I have seen lots of pictures of them, but why is it that when I see pictures of what seems to be regular balcony cabins and not suites on other decks, the furniture always seems to be different? One will have two small chairs and a table, and another will have two padded lounge chairs. Are they asking for the change in furniture?

Lounge chairs will not fit on the standard sized balconies. They will fit on the Caribe and Dolphin deck balconies. Older pictures show the white plastic furniture, which is no longer on any of the balconies. Newer pictures show the metal furniture, which is now standard.

The metal furniture does not have full length loungers as the white plastic did--they are now hi-backed reclining chairs; although if you slide a standard chair to the end of the hi-backed chair you can fashion a full length 'lounger' from the two pieces.

Thanks for the infomation.

Are the new metal chairs padded at all?

We are cruising with another couple that has never cruised before and I want to make sure that it is really nice for them. It is their 30th Aniversary and it took us 5 years to convince my girlfriends DH to come.

Thanks for the infomation.

Are the new metal chairs padded at all?

We are cruising with another couple that has never cruised before and I want to make sure that it is really nice for them. It is their 30th Aniversary and it took us 5 years to convince girlfriend DH to come.

The padding is flammable so no padding. Since the Star fire, the cruiselines are being very careful about what is allowed on balconies. You can always put one or two towels on the chair to make them more comfortable but I've really never had a problem with them being comfortable.

Some people have asked their steward to bring them loungers from near the pool but since those are plastic, they are not supposed to be on balconies.

All our metal framed chairs, regular and hi-back loungers, had a blue fabric--not padded. But it was comfy enough to fall asleep on, several times. Looked like this, but perhaps not all ships/Caribe balconies have them:

2440478630092706180KUneor_th.jpg

Notice the table was solid metal, not metal mesh, and the 'regular chair' was also of the blue fabric type, at least for us on the Grand and the person on the Emerald who posted this photo.

Sometimes the Caribe balconies have these:

2742676150101417785gvlQoH_th.jpg

Notice the regular chair and table all metal mesh, while the hi-back (peeking out from right corner) is the blue/metal combo. This is from the Crown, and both the Dolphin and Caribe decks have the loungers with the blue fabric.

We were on the Emerald Caribe Deck C523 on the October Trans-Atantic. We had two chairs with a small table and two chairs with reclining backs as shown in the above pictures. The Caribe balcony was was quite spacious, half covered and half open and considerably larger than our traveling companions balcony that was on the Aloha deck.

If there was a negative it was the balcony above us looked down on the uncovered portion of our balcony and we looked down on the balcony below us. My wife Kind of felt like she was intruding on the couple below when standing on the balcony. It seemed they were always there. It did not bother me as I used it a lot for reading on sea days.

Archived