B744 / B745 on Grand Class

Simru12

Hello All,

We're booked on the Grand in October and I have a question about these balcony cabins.

We just got off another ship last week and were again at the Aft. Into and out of ports, when the Thrusters were on, the entire cabin shook. (Granted we were on a lower floor). Has anyone ever stayed in either of these cabins on the Grand, Sun or Golden, and if so, do you feel the thruster vibration on the Baja Deck?

Just wondering if we should stay with the larger balcony, or move more midship.

Opinions?

Thanks

Was on the Star in Baja 700-something balcony on the starboard side, and yes, you feel the thrusters in and out of port. In the morning, it woke us up. Was on the Golden in E505 or E507 in an OV and did not feel a thing. Was on the Grand last March in C752 (full aft) and felt the thrusters much less than when on the side in the 700's on Baja. Hope that helps!

Hello All,

We're booked on the Grand in October and I have a question about these balcony cabins.

We just got off another ship last week and were again at the Aft. Into and out of ports, when the Thrusters were on, the entire cabin shook. (Granted we were on a lower floor). Has anyone ever stayed in either of these cabins on the Grand, Sun or Golden, and if so, do you feel the thruster vibration on the Baja Deck?

Just wondering if we should stay with the larger balcony, or move more midship.

Opinions?

Thanks

We had B745 on the Grand this past April. I can honestly say the thrusters weren't that big of an issue. At least not one that's worth giving up that balcony and the view.

• 2 years later...

Were there any negatives to B744/745 Grand Class ships? Such as. Not as private due to angle? Windy? Widest angle end of balcony bulkhead block any view when looking out from inside the cabin? Is any view impeded when looking out from cabin? When sitting in shorter part of balcony, which looks private, can you see the ocean without standing- like can do in side balcony cabins?

Edited by Medfield98
to get responses sent to me

• 4 years later...
Were there any negatives to B744/745 Grand Class ships? Such as. Not as private due to angle? Windy? Widest angle end of balcony bulkhead block any view when looking out from inside the cabin? Is any view impeded when looking out from cabin? When sitting in shorter part of balcony, which looks private, can you see the ocean without standing- like can do in side balcony cabins?

This is the first time I have ever posted on Cruise Critic, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I saw the questions you asked on 8/22/2010 regarding B745. We just reserved that room and we were wondering the same things? Did you end up staying in that room and/or get any responses to your questions? We would very much appreciate any feedback. Thank you very much.

That was about 5 years ago when I asked about that cabin so don't recall if we ended up booking that particular cabin so can't really answer your question. I seem to recall an angled balcony cabin on a Princess ship and think it was OK but to be safe you should find someone with a newer experience to ask.