Can we reuse the soda card mugs?

Are they the same on all the ships? We just got back from Enchantment and all 4 of us got the mugs/soda cards. We don't need anymore, but I know DH will want to get the soda card on the Monarch this weekend. Can we re-use one that we already have and of course pay the fee too.

Of course you can re-use the mugs - those are yours to do whatever you want with. Also if you don't want to use them, you don't have to - they'll happily give you glasses of pop when you show your sticker.

Since you need to show the card to get refills though, you will of course have to purchase the package again, and just tell them you don't want the mugs. As far as I know, it is still the same price though (the mugs are just freebies you get with the sticker).

You can take them along if you want to, but for me it would come under the heading "things that can be successfully left at home and not packed". If you don't want any more mugs to take home, you can refuse them when you set up the package, they probably won't force you to take it.

When our kids used to get the soda package, we never used the mugs that came with the package, we just packed them away so we didn't have to wash them all the time. They always just got plastic cups at the bar. Then, we got even wiser and realized the kids never drank enough soda on a cruise to justify the cost and we just started paying per drink, I think it cost us half the amount of the soda sticker.

Too bad we trashed all those unused soda mugs, I've read they sell at a pretty good price on Ebay.

If you want to use the mugs but don't really want a second set, I would just go ahead and pay for the sticker, take the new mugs, use them during the cruise, and then leave behind in the cabin when you leave if you don't want them. No sense having to pack the old ones when you can get the new ones at no charge.

I love to get the mugs each time. They are great to use around the house, or when you go to the beach, or in the car. I have a total of 6, two of the aluminum, 3 of the red mugs, and then 1 of the new white/silver ones, which is the newest, which i got on the Freedom. They are the one thing that I always get each cruise.

You can re use them, however, you will be asked to show your sea pass with the new sticker on it. I bring my old ones back on board just in case my DD loses hers as on the old styles the top regularily fell off. I also use it to fill up with iced tea in the windjammer to sit by the pool.;)

Thanks everyone. I could just get a new one and not take it home. But what would RCI do with it? Throw it away? That's just wasteful. Believe me, this will be the last thing packed in the suitcase. If it doesn't fit, then it won't go. :D

Archived