Nachi Cocum Question

ElizaBenet

When you pay the $49 a person, is this for all day? So can you eat and drink all you want all day long?

Also, does anyone know how much the extra snorkel trip is?

Yes it's all inclusive . Gf and I were there on 12/21 and had a great time . We did the snorkel tour , it was 35.00 PP

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

actually, they have a sign up as to how the food works. between 2 of us, we had 2 starters and 2 entrees (more then enough food). it's suppose to be choice each of starter, entree and dessert. i don't know how or if they enforce that. the portions are good size.

How long did your snorkling trip last at Nachi Cocom? We figure we only have about three hours to spend there since we want to go back to town and shop. We don't want to spend the whole time on a boat snorkling. Our ship (Fantasy) will be the first to dock that day, so hopefully we will get to the beach quickly.

don't get there too quickly, they don't open up until about 10am, the food didn't start until about 11am. on another thread, it was reported that snorkeling was 2 to 2 1/2 hours long. we were there from 10:30 to about 3 pm, our ship didn't leave until 5pm. we didn't have a lot of shopping to do, plus the shopping/bar area was Sooo crowded. we got my 1 doll and went back to the ship.

it's on a boat, the beach is to sandy..the fish like coral and water plants.

i didn't see anyone with their own equipment, usually it's included.

with me, i didn't want to pay for nachi and then be gone most of the day on a snorkeling boat. the snorkeling is a separate fee...not included in nachi cocom's entrance fee.

Cathi (Toyz711). Thanks very much for all the Nachi Cocom info you have posted. Our group went ahead and reserved for our cruise the end of this month. Couple of questions for you...

Do you remember how many massage tables there were? Could 2 of us do this at the same time?

If somebody want to para-sail or rent a wave runner, I am thinking there are independent vendors that you do this through (not thru Nachi Cocom). Are they easy to find? Do you just walk up the beach looking for somebody holding out a sign or what?

Thanks, Cathi!

our thatched area was right in front of the dock they use. they are local, but have an agreement with nachi cocom. i saw some people try to bargain and it didn't work. i thought hubby was going to try a wave riders, but he didn't..didn't see anyone use them that day, but they were right there. for parasailing, the guy walks around in the mornings and gets people lined up. saw 2 boats going out, they took (maybe) 4 at a time? then came back and took another group. everyone came back happy.

here's a photo of the massage area, only had 1 person working there.

881330046_gettingaexcellentmassage.jpg.6a526dc5103217846249b5e99bbe1414.jpg

DH and I are going to Nachi Cocum in February and plan to do the snorkeling from there as well since our ship is there for 12 hours. I know I've read of someone on here that was able to negotiate the snorkel price down some, but sounds like maybe they were just lucky? Worth a shot at least! I'm so looking forward to Nachi Cocum either way!

I asked this in another thread, but since this one seems to be getting more attention lately, I'll try again:

For those who have been to Nachi recently, is it still possible to rent floating mats for $8? That's one of the best ways to spend a day, so I'm hoping I can do so at NC in a few weeks. Thanks!

I asked this in another thread, but since this one seems to be getting more attention lately, I'll try again:

For those who have been to Nachi recently, is it still possible to rent floating mats for $8? That's one of the best ways to spend a day, so I'm hoping I can do so at NC in a few weeks. Thanks!

On Dec 26, there was a guy on the beach renting them, he offered us a couple in exchange for our Nerf whistle football, but we refused :) . Not sure how much he wanted in cash for the day.

Robin

Cathi (Toyz711). Thanks very much for all the Nachi Cocom info you have posted. Our group went ahead and reserved for our cruise the end of this month. Couple of questions for you...

Do you remember how many massage tables there were? Could 2 of us do this at the same time?

If somebody want to para-sail or rent a wave runner, I am thinking there are independent vendors that you do this through (not thru Nachi Cocom). Are they easy to find? Do you just walk up the beach looking for somebody holding out a sign or what?

Thanks, Cathi!

We were there in May of '07. Only 1 massage table. The massage was not the caliber we get here in the states from trained therapists - but hey - I was on a gorgeous beach in Mexico on vacation!! I enjoyed it thoroughly!

As for the para sailing - we just told our waiter and they called someone that met my husband and his mom on the dock - they had a great time.

Food and drink at Nachi were very good - beach was gorgeous and quiet with plenty of palapas. The only thing we missed was good snorkeling spots. We did some from the beach - but not near what you get if you go on a boat to the reefs.

Enjoy!!

Archived